We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alfrdino's On The Beach Italian Restaurant - A Bad...

Which Saint Pete Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jackson, NJ
reviews: 1
Alfrdino's On The Beach Italian Restaurant - A Bad...

A dining experience at a highly recommended restaurant:

My wife and I found several problems with Alfredino's On The Beach, as follows.

She ordered Calamari Marinara, but was served Calamari with Vodka Sauce, which was not even on the menu. I ordered Calamari Fra Diavolo and asked server to go easy on the spice; the sauce was so hot, it should have been served with a fire hose. The house wine was mediocre at best and was severely overpriced at $32 per bottle. When the bill came, there was an 18% gratuity added, which was not stated on the menu, as a reputable restaurant would do. This was a truly unpleasant dining experience and a total rip-off. Needless to say, we will never return. I also sent an email to the owner about our experience, but never received a reply. No big surprise there.

St. Pete Beach FL
1. Re: Alfrdino's On The Beach Italian Restaurant - A Bad...

I understand your plight. I was the Exec Dir for the Holiday Inn St. Pete Beach, and the Best Western. I recommended HUNDREDS of people to the restaurant, and was a frequent guest myself.

On one evening last year, I had some friends in from Baltimore, and my inlaws. We asked for and specifically requested "ordinary house wine" - nothing special. We were charged $36/bottle for three bottles of mediocre wine. I never returned, nor did I recommend anyone to their again. I know that represented thousands of dollars in business. But, without proper information and service, no matter how delicious the food is, being ripped off is an insult.

Liverpool, England
Destination Expert
for Saint Pete Beach
reviews: 169
2. Re: Alfrdino's On The Beach Italian Restaurant - A Bad...

Hope it hasn't put you off St Pete, we visit twice a year and strangely enough have eaten in pretty much all the restaurants bar this one! And now we won't!

If you go back go to Snappers which is excellent and Skidders which does excellent pizza.

We have eaten in the Holiday Inn revolving rooftop restaurant and that was good too!

Jackson, NJ
reviews: 1
3. Re: Alfrdino's On The Beach Italian Restaurant - A Bad...

Other than our experience at Alfredino's, we had a great time on St. Pete Beach. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Capt. Kosmakos restaurant(Gulf Blvd., Treasure Island) and had 2 nice lunches at Skidders, which was conveniently located across the street from our hotel, the Trade Winds.