We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for Anniversary Dinner

Which Saint Augustine hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando
reviews: 11
Suggestions for Anniversary Dinner

We visit St Augustine 2 to 3 times a year; however I'm stumped as to where we should celebrate our upcoming 10 year wedding anniversary in August. There are so many good places to eat in the area, however many are either loud or not intimate. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Parts of these 10 years were quite a struggle so we would like some place special!!! lol

I’ve never been to La Pentola but from what I’ve read, it might fit the bill… What do you think?????

Panama City, Panama
reviews: 78
1. Re: Suggestions for Anniversary Dinner

I think you should look down the main page forum page and read the answers to : Help with special dinner??? lorafsu 3 posted 6:38 pm, yesterday. The answers are the same. This question is asked often, try previous posts.

South Florida
reviews: 5
2. Re: Suggestions for Anniversary Dinner

Cap's on the Water http://www.capsonthewater.com/

Saint Augustine...
reviews: 7
3. Re: Suggestions for Anniversary Dinner

I live in St. Augustine and I would reccomend the Conch House. Be sure to request a pod over the water--even if you have to wait for it. The view and atmosphere will be perfect for an anniversary dinner. I have found the food here to be hit or miss at times, but the seafood is usually very good and the Minorcan chowder is great!

St Augustine
reviews: 26
4. Re: Suggestions for Anniversary Dinner

To me, a ten year anniversary warrants more than a hit or miss. In my opinion, both Caps and Conch House are hit or miss and neither can be considered intimate. You are as likely to have rowdy partiers at adjacent tables at either place. Go for Opus 39, 95 Cordova, The Raintree or even La Pentola over these. Gypsy Cab is good but really lacking, in my opinion, in the atmosphere department. Cortesses Bistro is good and the outdoor seating at night can be very ambient. Happy Anniversary.

Panama City, Panama
5. Re: Suggestions for Anniversary Dinner

Ditto to what Charlesfood said..........I agree totally. You don't want hit or miss on your anniversary.

Saint Augustine...
reviews: 7
6. Re: Suggestions for Anniversary Dinner

I completely forgot 95 Cordova--that would be perfect! As for Cortess Bistro I would only dine there if you want to be around a lot of pretentious pretenders. Last time I went there I actually laughed out loud at the posers! 95 Cordova is beautiful, the food is excellent and the atmosphere is generally very nice. The only problem I had was one obnoxious man who insisted on talking on his cell phone at the table--a word to the waiter cleared this up immediately! Have fun and enjoy!

Panama City, Panama
7. Re: Suggestions for Anniversary Dinner

I still say that Opus 39 would be my pick for intimate, wonderful service - wait people really stand out there - excellent (the best) food and always a good time. It costs the same amount you would spend at 95 Cordova, only a guaranteed good time. Make a reservation, however, it is small and intimate and there are regulars who frequent it. You WONT be disappointed.

Savannah, TN
reviews: 1
8. Re: Suggestions for Anniversary Dinner

We just got back from St Augustine for our wedding/honeymoon, and our last night there, I asked the locals the most romantic places to eat and most said Opus 39. We didn't go because of a mix up with family, but i wish we could have. I hear it's wonderful.

Good luck, and congratulations.

st augustine, fl
Destination Expert
for Saint Augustine
reviews: 69
9. Re: Suggestions for Anniversary Dinner

Opus 39, La Parisienne or the Raintree. I've never eaten at Le Pavillon, how about it y'all, would the atmosphere fit the bill? Mahoney is independently wealthy and has undoubtedly has a wealth of experience in this field...Mahoney, you out there?

Orlando
reviews: 11
10. Re: Suggestions for Anniversary Dinner

Thanks for all the GREAT advice!!! I really appreciate it!

We've been to both Caps and Conch House. It looks like it will be Opus 39. More suggestions are welcomed though, as we still have a couple of weeks.