We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where do we stay? Travelling with 13 y.o boy and small dog

Which Saint Augustine hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
SEWELL
reviews: 39
Where do we stay? Travelling with 13 y.o boy and small dog

I am so confused as to which would be better for us. Close to all the attractions and walk everywhere or close to beach and drive into town? I do have a small dog that will be by my side most of the time .Any recommendations? Is the town pet friendly in general?

Thanks in advance!

Travelmom

6 replies to this topic
St. Augustine, FL
Destination Expert
for Saint Augustine
reviews: 73
1. Re: Where do we stay? Travelling with 13 y.o boy and small dog

Many of the B&Bs downtown are pet friendly, family friendly, and even have options for using the beach (parking, etc). We are entering the slow season so deals are available during the week (Sun-Thu). Check the reviews on TripAdvisor and give them a call.

Winter Haven...
2. Re: Where do we stay? Travelling with 13 y.o boy and small dog

On the other hand, many of the condos at the beach allow pets and the dog would have more room. Do not disagree with Max, just pointing out the trade-offs. Also, keep in mind a condo can run you less per night than many of the B & B's.

SEWELL
3. Re: Where do we stay? Travelling with 13 y.o boy and small dog

I did think of condo..trying to stay on budget as well. Is it an easy walk into town or definately need a car?

Winter Haven...
4. Re: Where do we stay? Travelling with 13 y.o boy and small dog

Definitely need a car.

SEWELL
5. Re: Where do we stay? Travelling with 13 y.o boy and small dog

Thannks!

6. Re: Where do we stay? Travelling with 13 y.o boy and small dog

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 am, August 05, 2013

Reply to: Where do we stay? Travelling with 13 y.o boy and small dog
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted