We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for the best of both worlds...

Which Saint Augustine hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Williston, Vermont...
reviews: 11
Looking for the best of both worlds...

My husband and I plan to vacation in Saint Augustine in November. We are hoping to have a quiet week with very little car travel. I'd love a room on the beach but would also like to access the other attractions without having to drive. Is there anywhere to stay that is on the beach and walkable to the downtown? Or maybe a hotel with a shuttle to town?

I'm hoping we can stay under $200 a night.

Thanks all!

Winter Haven...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Looking for the best of both worlds...

<Is there anywhere to stay that is on the beach and walkable to the downtown?>

No.

Unfortunately the hotels on St. Augustine Beach are not the greatest in the world. This list will show what is available:

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g34600-Saint_Augustin…

How long are you going for? Would you consider a condo? November is pretty much a low season month and you can get some great deals. Check out the following sites:

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…st-augustine-beach

https://www.airbnb.com/

vacationrentalpros.com/florida_staugustine_p…

For bus service between the beach and downtown, check here:

http://www.sunshinebus.net/

Good luck!

Williston, Vermont...
reviews: 11
2. Re: Looking for the best of both worlds...

A condo would be fine but I thought a hotel might offer a shuttle to town and I don't need a kitchen since I refuse to cook on vacation! Thanks for the input. I look over the links.

Winter Haven...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Looking for the best of both worlds...

I'm thinking St. Augustine Beach may be a little further out than you think. Available hotels on the beach are not really the type to have shuttles (I don't know of any but maybe some destination experts do).

You might consider reversing things and maybe stay at a place like the Casa Monica downtown which has a tie-in with a beach club.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saint Augustine
reviews: 22
4. Re: Looking for the best of both worlds...

" Is there anywhere to stay that is on the beach and walkable to the downtown?"

Unfortunately, there is no such thing.

Pompano Beach...
reviews: 16
5. Re: Looking for the best of both worlds...

I am pretty sure the Hampton Inn on the beach has a shuttle service to town

Hampton Inn St. Augustine Beach

430 A1A Beach Blvd, Saint Augustine Beach, FL 32080

855-271-3622

6. Re: Looking for the best of both worlds...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 28, 2014