We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wheelchair access to beach & pools/lazy river

Which Saint Augustine hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
metro Atlanta
Wheelchair access to beach & pools/lazy river

Do any condos in St. Augustine have a lazy river? Condos that have bigger pools than others?

I have a child in a wheelchair and we will have a beach wheelchair to get across the sand. Are there any condos that have beach access, that we won't have to use steps to access the walkway to the ocean? Are there public beach entrances?

Thank you.

Winter Haven...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Wheelchair access to beach & pools/lazy river

In addition to a lazy river, this place has incredible recreation facilities. They will also have direct access to the beach.

http://www.hammockbeach.com/

metro Atlanta
2. Re: Wheelchair access to beach & pools/lazy river

Do you know if there are any other places in the area that would have a lazy river or a large pool? Hammock looks great; depends on the price. Unsure about the crushed shell "sand". Any places at St. Augustine Beach with a large pool, that you can recommend?

Winter Haven...
3. Re: Wheelchair access to beach & pools/lazy river

Don't know of any other places with a lazy river. What is a large pool? People in the are of Hammock Beach are very proud of their "Cinnamon Sand".

If it "depends on price", why don't you check that out before coming back. Easy enough using the link.

Atlanta
reviews: 71
4. Re: Wheelchair access to beach & pools/lazy river

The sand at Hammock is COOL! It is a long drive to St. Augustine. I was on a scooter for a sprained ankle and it was sure easier to drive down on the beach than to use the ramps.

st augustine, fl
Destination Expert
for Saint Augustine
reviews: 65
5. Re: Wheelchair access to beach & pools/lazy river

lots of public beach entrances all down A1A. Crescent beach is pretty much the best option I think as the sand isn't too soft as I recall.

Pompano Beach...
reviews: 17
6. Re: Wheelchair access to beach & pools/lazy river

ddavis 1950- the hammock beach resort looks beautiful....can you please tell me how long of a drive it is from the resort to St Augustine (old town)...thank you

Winter Haven...
7. Re: Wheelchair access to beach & pools/lazy river

A very easy thirty minutes. Go south on A1A about 400 yards to the toll bridge ($2.00 headed east only) and take the Palm Coast Parkway to I-95.

Highly recommend taking A1A though whenever you have have time as it is absolutely spectacular.

If you head further south on A1A it has several miles of open views of the ocean, one of the few places on the east coast.

Very good restaurants in the area as well.

Pompano Beach...
8. Re: Wheelchair access to beach & pools/lazy river

Thank You so much! just one more quick question....would I get off of 95 at exit 311? the last time I was there it seemed like a long way from 95 to St Augustine

not sure where I got off or how I went but it seemed like a long drive.

will definitely take A1A also! did you mean the good restaurants are south of the resort?

Winter Haven...
9. Re: Wheelchair access to beach & pools/lazy river

The quickest way to get to St. Augustine would to get onto I-95 north at the Palm Coast Parkway which is exit 289 and go to exit 298 which is Route 1. It is a divided highway which will take you to St. Augustine. Take a right on King Street which will take you into the heart of downtown.

There are a couple VERY GOOD restaurants at Hammock Beach (the Atlantic Grill has great views). Right across the bridge is European Village with Mezza Luna and La Piazza. Just south on A1A is JT's which isn't bad - they have a great happy hour for both food and drinks. About 10 miles south in Flagler Beach is the Flagler Fish Company which is fantastic if you like fresh fish. For breakfast try the Java Joint which will be on your right as you come into Flagler Beach. Sit outside on the porch overlooking the ocean.

Pompano Beach...
10. Re: Wheelchair access to beach & pools/lazy river

ddavis ....... Thank You so very much for your quick response and great info.....you have really been extremely helpful!!

Joy