We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in St. Augustine?

Which Saint Augustine hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boynton Beach...
reviews: 1
Where to stay in St. Augustine?

We are planning to stay 2 nights and are looking for a CLEAN place in a decent location and not expensive. We don't care about staying near the beach. Do you have any suggestions? Thanking you in advance..

Winter Haven...
1. Re: Where to stay in St. Augustine?

You need to give more information such as a budget. "Not too expensive" means different things to different people. Also, what are you looking for in a "decent location".

In the meantime, this will get you started:

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g34599-Saint_Augustin…

Boynton Beach...
2. Re: Where to stay in St. Augustine?

I assume a good location would be a short distance from the historic part of town which would include restaurants, shops, etc. It doesn't have to be in town since hotels there are more expensive. Not too expensive would be around 100-125. @ night. I don't know the area, so I'm not sure on what is a good location and what is not.

Thanks.

Winter Haven...
3. Re: Where to stay in St. Augustine?

I have never stayed here but I have many friends and relatives who have and they rave about it. It has one of my favorite restaurants in St. Augustine. Truly incredible location in the heart of the historic district. Good value when you consider breakfast, parking, and a glass of wine are included. Depending on when you go should fit well within your budget:

http://oldcityhouse.com/

Neptune Beach, FL
reviews: 85
4. Re: Where to stay in St. Augustine?

Hello again, Nancy,

How many of you are there? And do you have children with you?

Check out Cozy Inn. http://www.thecozyinn.com/ and tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34599-d584840-…

This hotel is not in the immediate Historic District but you could use the trolley tour for transportation. The trolley tour ticket is good for three days.

Spirit

Edited: 11:34 pm, July 09, 2013
Boynton Beach...
5. Re: Where to stay in St. Augustine?

No children, just 2 of us. Thanks, I will check this place out.

Boynton Beach...
6. Re: Where to stay in St. Augustine?

@DDavis1950. Thank you for the Old City House Inn recommendation. The rates were reasonable, good location and the place looks just fine, so we booked our 2 nights there. We look forward to our stay.

Winter Haven...
7. Re: Where to stay in St. Augustine?

Have fun! Be sure to take a walk through the Casa Monica lobby next door and check out the restaurant in the swimming pool at the Cafe Alcazar across the street. Flagler College, the old Ponce de Leon Hotel, was the first building in the world built with pre-stressed concrete. It is diagonally across the street. They have tours or you can wander through.

Edited: 3:25 pm, July 10, 2013
Boynton Beach...
8. Re: Where to stay in St. Augustine?

@ddavis1950...thanks will do.

Portland
reviews: 2
9. Re: Where to stay in St. Augustine?

Nancy S. -- how was your stay at the Old City House Inn?

Boynton Beach...
10. Re: Where to stay in St. Augustine?

We haven't left on our trip yet. We will be staying there Aug. 12 & 13th and look forward to our stay. Thanks for the recommendation and will be more than happy to report back after our return from our 15 day road trip.