We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Creston House location

Which Saint Augustine hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Evans, Georgia
reviews: 121
Creston House location

We have found a nice price on a 2 bedroom condo at the Creston House on Crescent Beach, but we are not sure what, if anything, is near that area. Does anyone know if there are any restaurants within walking distance? Also, is it a nice, clean stretch of beach in that area or should we stay on St Augustine beach instead? I just can't seem to find much info on the area.

Evans, Georgia
11. Re: Creston House location

Thanks for the info ddavis for the info.

Atlanta
reviews: 71
12. Re: Creston House location

The kids would probably get a kick out of the Alligator Farm, It is incredible. I like the burgers and the daily specials at South Beach Grill and would not drive out of my way for JT's. However, Flagler beach has this old timey place called Martin's with good prices on lobster and cheapo cocktails. About 30 minutes South. And do not speed through Marineland. It slows down pretty quick there. Get good pictures for the condo at Creston House.

Winter Haven...
reviews: 1
13. Re: Creston House location

JT"s = best early birds on the beach.

Evans, Georgia
14. Re: Creston House location

Thank you djaaay and ddavis for the tips! We are getting very excited and I really need to make our list of must see/must do. :-)

Keep the tips coming!

Winter Haven...
reviews: 1
15. Re: Creston House location

About 14 miles south you will see Bing' s Landing on your right (you'll probably notice all the cars with empty boat trailers first). Across the street is a little open air hot dog/ice cream stand. Good food - the fish tacos are to die for.

On the far side of Bing's Landing is a small bait shop with a bar-b-q restaurant inside. Not bad. Beautiful spot.

Another 6 or seven miles south is Flagler beach a sleepy little coastal town that time forgot. Much of the trip south is right along the water. One of the few spots on the East Coast where you travel right along the ocean. Several dining options but my favorite (with lots of fresh fish) is:

http://www.flaglerfishcompany.com/

Edited: 9:41 am, June 02, 2013
Evans, Georgia
16. Re: Creston House location

I'm always on the look out for good fish tacos....they are not easy to find!

Thank you for the tips ddavis, we will check these all out!

Evans, Georgia
17. Re: Creston House location

You all have been very helpful with tips. Are there any other must eat or must see/do places we shouldn't miss? I am getting my notes ready since we will be there 2 weeks from today! :-)

Evans, Georgia
18. Re: Creston House location

Thank you all for your tips and info. We did not get to everything we had hoped on this trip, but we do plan to return next year for one of the pirate events (probably the Pirate Gathering in November). We enjoyed the area very much. I did write individual reviews for every place we went and everything we did, but Tripadvisor has not posted them yet as I just finished them. Thank you all again!

19. Re: Creston House location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 09, 2014