We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is anyone familiar with Island South Condos?

Which Saint Augustine hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Idaho
reviews: 1
Is anyone familiar with Island South Condos?

I am thinking of renting a condo there and wondered if anyone is familiar with them and if they are in a good location on the beach. I'm also considering a small private cottage near the lighthouse. Any thoughts on that?

st augustine, fl
Destination Expert
for Saint Augustine
reviews: 65
1. Re: Is anyone familiar with Island South Condos?

Lighthouse Park is a nice neighborhood. Quiet yet close to Gypsy Cab and corner bar. But relatively far from the Beach, I guess it depends on what you want to do....

reviews: 26
2. Re: Is anyone familiar with Island South Condos?

My family has rented condos at Island South for 10 years now. We love it here. It is a small complex with about 35 condos in it. All are two bedroom 2 bath with an open livingroom, dining room and kitchen. They also have a ulitity room. The best part is it is located on the section if non-driving beach in St. Augustine which helps to keep for track low and no safety issues with cars to deal with. Just sit back and enjoy the beach!

Knoxville, TN
reviews: 2
3. Re: Is anyone familiar with Island South Condos?

I have been coming to Island South ever since I was knee-high to a junebug, and Ellen's summation is spot on. I'd even say that Island South is my favorite place to stay on the beach because of its location. The beach has recently been re-nourished in the area resulting in some pretty decent waves and plenty of beach. Island South is also close to Publix and various other restaurants and shops. Stroll by Beach Comber and enjoy some Minorcan Clam Chowder. It's quite tasty.

That being said, Lighthouse Park is pretty special and is a much easier bike ride/med-longish walk into town. It is definitely a different experience.

Winter Haven...
4. Re: Is anyone familiar with Island South Condos?

You do realize you were responding to a request for information written over 4 months ago?

Knoxville, TN
5. Re: Is anyone familiar with Island South Condos?

I discovered that after writing my response. I appreciate you taking time out of your day to point that out.

Winter Haven...
6. Re: Is anyone familiar with Island South Condos?

You're certainly welcome!

Atlanta
reviews: 74
7. Re: Is anyone familiar with Island South Condos?

It is still great to answer even late questions, I think, because it helps so many other people than just the one who posted the question. And it gave the question more validity for me. Before knoxvilletrout answered I thought it was a posed question to spark business in that condo since it was the answerer's first post. Now, I believe Island South Condos might be a good place to stay. You should do some more reviews Knoxville. I like your sarcastic wit. :)

Knoxville, TN
8. Re: Is anyone familiar with Island South Condos?

Sarcastic? Me? Neverrrr...

Anyway. Saint Augustine is truly a home away from home, and I will always try to point people in the right direction.

9. Re: Is anyone familiar with Island South Condos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 05, 2014