We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

O'Steen's

Which Saint Augustine hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tampa, FL
O'Steen's

I've heard a lot of good things about O'Steen's restaurant.

Has anyone been there recently? Any comments?

Panama City, Panama
reviews: 79
1. Re: O'Steen's

It is mostly a local diner-type place. Good fried food (if you are into fried food). Gravies, country southern cookin'.

I think they way over-cook any fresh vegetables

they might offer - mushy, but apparently customers must

like it. It is very busy there.

The main thing is it is CHEAP, the fried shrimp is very very good.

The biggest problem is the wait. If you don't get there very early

(and I mean by 4:30 PM) you have to wait outside in the heat for

at least 45 min. There is NO inside waiting. Or you can wander in the antique shop next door and they will page you - the pager can be heard in the diner. I live in St. Augustine and I wander over the bridge (it is on Anastasia Island - over the Bridge of Lions) several times a year for the fried shrimp. Woirth a try, but don't expect anything fancy - people go in their farm clothes....

Jupiter, FL
reviews: 2
2. Re: O'Steen's

LN - We're taking my Mom to St. Aug. this Sat. for her 70th and she said she'd like to go out for "southern cookin'" on our first night. Sounds like O'Steen's fits the bill, but I'm worried that it'll just be TOO casual. Do you know if there's any other local places that serve good southern food but maybe have a nicer atmosphere? If not, we may just do O'Steen's because I've heard such good things about it. Is there service as good as their food? Thanks! Nancy

Panama City, Panama
3. Re: O'Steen's

Service is very good. I don't know of any other good southern cooking restaurant in this area with more than diner atmosphere; but that doesn't mean there aren't some.

We go to Osteen's for the butterfly shrimp; that's it. Otherwise I don't like southern cooking; so am not familiar with othr places. Hopefully, a local reader to this forum and lover of southern cooking will answer this for you. Sorry.

Jupiter, FL
reviews: 2
4. Re: O'Steen's

Thanks...that was very helpful. We were hoping to go this Sat. @ 7:00 PM or so...is this a ridiculous wish for such a large party at this restaurant? Any suggestions on what time I'd need to get there and put our name in? We may just go ahead and do this...put our name in and most of our party can go "sightsee" while one of us is the designated "waiter". Thanks! Nancy

Panama City, Panama
5. Re: O'Steen's

See above for the 1st message regarding early arrival. If your party is not all there when they call your name, they will pass you by also.