We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Athena Restaurant

Which Saint Augustine hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Murfreesboro, TN
reviews: 20
Athena Restaurant

Has anybody been to this restaurant. If so how was it and what kind of menu selection does it have? Is it good greek food? Your thoughts please.

Panama City, Panama
reviews: 80
1. Re: Athena Restaurant

I live in Old St. Augustine (near Athena). It is a GREAT little place to eat right in the main walking historic district. It is small, but good service and food. We spent three weeks in Greece; and this food is comparable. I wouldn't order the lamb chops, however. Very few Greek restaurants in America (much to my husbands' disappointment) cook (or have the resources) to get the tender cuts you get in the Greek Islands. They also have seafood specials daily (fresh seafood). Great fare! Try it !

usa
reviews: 5
2. Re: Athena Restaurant

I am heading back to the islands and can't wait. My wife and I was there 20 years ago on our honeymoon, however, we only went to Mykonos. This time we have 10 days and looking at doing the following:

Fly to Mykonos for 3 days

Naxos 2 days

Santorini 3 days

Athens 2 days

For you who know the islands can this be fun and enjoyable or should we drop a island and what do you think about our choices?

Panama City, Panama
reviews: 80
3. Re: Athena Restaurant

For Stroker: Your questions pertain to Greece, not the Athena Restaurant in St. Augustine FL.

Perhaps you will be better answered by typing in

"Greek Islands" or "Greece" in the Tripadviser.com search.

and ask people from Greece or Greek Islands your questions.

I personally didn't like Mykonos - no beach to speak of and

a loud party island. If you like that, go for it.

Santorini and Crete and Athens were my favorite. We stayed

on Santorini for a week we liked it so much. Stay at Hotel Keti-

right on the cliff - spectacular views.

On Crete, stay at the Venetian end of Crete - Hania (pronounced

Han-ya) is the city and it is beautiful. The Capitol Heraklion, on the other side of the island is dirty, and loud in comparison.

Athens can be done in 2 days if you have it all planned out.

Stay near the Acropolis in the downtown area -we stayed at Attalos Hotel- ask for Acropolis View (the room highest up). It is a wonderful view of the Acropolis lit up at night (and in walking distance too). See the old Market nearby also - it is wonderful! Eat in the kiosks in the Old Market-

wonderful tender lamb on a spit constantly.

Staten Island, New...
reviews: 52
4. Re: Athena Restaurant

A Diner type of restaurant. We were there last week. I

highly recommend it for Breakfast, not fancy at all, but

very clean. I don't think I would have dinner there, but

certainly lunch or breakfast.