We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining in St. Augustine Beach

Which Saint Augustine hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mississippi
Dining in St. Augustine Beach

Several years ago while staying in a hotel in Jacksonville Beach...someone mentioned to us something about a unique dining experience...I believe in the St. Augustine Beach area...where you could actually dine while sitting above the water....on raised platforms - maybe like tiki huts. I don't think I have completely lost my mind... if so, my husband has lost his, too - as we both remember bits and pieces of the conversation but no real facts. Anyone have any idea what i am talking about. In Palm Coast for several more days and planning on driving up to St. Augustine one day while here. Thanks for any info that you might provide. PC

St Augustine
reviews: 26
1. Re: Dining in St. Augustine Beach

It is the Conch House at Conch House Marina. Not a favorite of most of the locals for dining as the food is mediocre. However, it is a great place to have drinks before dinner. There are better places to eat at the beach and in the downtown district. See other threads on this topic for more.

Saint Augustine...
reviews: 19
2. Re: Dining in St. Augustine Beach

But if u happen to go to the conchhouse please order minorcan burger which i had in january this year it was delicious hopefully u will get lucky and get a great service too. They do have reggae music on sundays if u go on a sunday. Friday afternoons Lori Ann sings there which my winndixie friend likes listening her.

Mehmet

jacksonville, fl
reviews: 14
3. Re: Dining in St. Augustine Beach

Murat,

How's the reggae? Have you visited on a Sunday?

Saint Augustine...
4. Re: Dining in St. Augustine Beach

i was there on a sunday it sounded pretty good on a sunday afternoon .

Mehmet

Saint Augustine...
5. Re: Dining in St. Augustine Beach

Hi Pacqac there are some good restaurant on st augustine beach area like Mango mangos , cafe 11 Beachcomber restaurant , Oasis Restaurant , Zaharias, Salt Water Cowboys, Seafood Kitchen, Purple Olive, Wildflower Cafe Restaurant.

Jacks barbeque on A street seems like a good restaurant too .

Mehmet

6. Re: Dining in St. Augustine Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:24 am, August 31, 2009