We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

its right old temp....

Bedford, United...
reviews: 42
its right old temp....

So far on this trip weather been good. Can't believe how humidity free it is, nice!! Saw my first bush fire on golf course the other day!

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
reviews: 52
1. Re: its right old temp....

I'm out here too and the weather is great! We've even contemplated using the bicycles the villa provides but they haven't moved yet .......

Bedford, United...
2. Re: its right old temp....

Its so nice to move and not get to hot and bothers. Next week looks hotter lol xx hope ur having good time as i am

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
3. Re: its right old temp....

Great time thanks BUT we leave at the weekend so I don't want to know about the temperature for next week! The Rotonda area is so quiet and peaceful, and we feel really rested and relaxed.

Have you found any good restaurants? We tried The Fishery tonight - very good. Off hunting shark's teeth in the morning.

Bedford, United...
4. Re: its right old temp....

Aw that a shame your holiday coming to an end. For me got another week. Just come from golf club prime rib night was so fresh cooking. Eaten at stump pass grille was ok, harpen harry Fab views etc came last year likes Joe cracker and sharky on the pier.

Have u got one of those shark scoop? I have in the garage, not use it yet but will do. Hope u find some good ones. U off to Venice beach? X

Ottershaw, United...
reviews: 1
5. Re: its right old temp....

Farlows on the Water is a great resturant, it is on 776 as you head towards Englwood.

The Bistro on Beach Rd behind the gift shop is excellent and overlooks in the inlet.

There is also a new restaurant on the Placida Rd

https://www.facebook.com/codfathersflorida

Not yet tried but plan to on our next trip.

Rhum Bay is good you take the ferry from behind Jonny Leverocks, you will need reservations for the boat but worth it and they do a sunset menu.

Enjoy the rest of your stays.

Lynne

Bedford, United...
6. Re: its right old temp....

What kind of food does leverock do? Sound fishy as personally not keen on fish but dad likes it.

Thanks

X

Ottershaw, United...
7. Re: its right old temp....

It is fish quite a reputation in fact.

They do however cater for non fishy taste buds.

If you father likes fish he would enjoy Leverocks.

Lynne

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
8. Re: its right old temp....

Yes we have a shark's teeth scoop in the garage but we didn't know what it was until we saw some people with them on the beach last week! So we are going to have a go with it. However I seem to be able to spot the teeth quite easily whilst my other half has yet to find one! We are off to Middle Beach.

We've been to Leverock's just the once about 3 years ago and it was dreadful! Terrible service and shrimps like bullets. However I keep reading that it's good so maybe we should give it another go. The Codfather sounds very nice and is close to where we are staying, but it will have to wait until next year! Loving this weather.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
reviews: 22
9. Re: its right old temp....

It is very unusual to have those cooler temps in May- it is usually very hot by then lol.

Do enjoy yourself.

For sharks teeth, you'll find them in the small shell bands on the beach, and they are usually Black but can be grey or brown- never white.

Try Stump pass grill on Maryland ave off placida, and Flounders at the beach.

Edited: 9:19 am, May 09, 2013
Ottershaw, United...
10. Re: its right old temp....

Leverocks is under new management as we too found it had gone downhill and said never again.

It had been so good when we first found this part of Florida.

Last November the food and service were back to as it had been.

Lynne

Get answers to your questions about Rotonda West