We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

grocery deliveries???

Essex Uk
reviews: 12
grocery deliveries???

Hi all...

Sorry if this is a daft question, but do any of the local supermarkets offer a delivery service?????? just a thought as we are driving down from Sanford, and dont really want to go straight to a s/market, as we'll be arriving mid/late evening.....only want a few basics milk/bread/wine beer LOL etc......................like most people when we arrive, we just want to collapse round the pool:)

Answers suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
reviews: 22
1. Re: grocery deliveries???

I don't knwo of places that will do a fresh delivery (there are online places that will do Amibent groceries), and when they do you have to be there.

Are you driving all the way from Sanford stright from the UK? What time do you land?

I arrive at TPA late afternoon at 4:45 and I find it hard to do the 1.5 hour drive from there, much less from 3.5 hours away. You might be too tired to drive that far (safely). Generally I always advise drivers fromt he UK moe to drive much more than an hour as with jet lag, 6 pm is (pm and gosh knows what time of morning you get up the day you leave.

If I am driving to Rotonda from an orlando flight I spend the night there in orlando and have a fun beginning to my holiday in a hotel I pick up cheaply as I am up next day by 4 am so am on the road by 5:30 and in Rotonda by around 8 am.

In any case, depending on where in the circle you are staying, and which exit you use from I75 there will be a grocery store on your way to the house so you can pop in for just a few minutes and grab some basics. Let us know where you will be and which exit you plan to take and we can tell you where the groc store is on your way.

You could ask your owner to supply certian things via amngment company but there will be a labor charge for this.

Edited: 8:40 am, June 22, 2011
Essex Uk
reviews: 12
2. Re: grocery deliveries???

Hi there, and thanks for your speedy reply...

We have been down to the area a few times, and we both drive, and sleep on the plane, so driving down from Orlando isn't really an issue. We have stayed overnight in hotels on arrival, but prefer to get down to our villa:)

We are staying in Rotonda West 1st -15th October, and cant wait (am in countdown mode at the mo) LOL....

We found Rotonda 'by accident' when we got lost while staying at another place, a few years ago, did some research and booked a villa. Its the usual, kids grown up, and we're a bit 'parked out'...

We just love the area, laid back, and sooooooooo relaxing, our favorite beach is what we call the lighthouse beach, always empty, but can never remember the proper name of it!!!!!

Cant wait

Ottershaw, United...
reviews: 1
3. Re: grocery deliveries???

South Beach.

We always drive to the villa from Miami, Tampa or Orlando but we rarely fly into Orlando preferring Miami or Tamps.

Depending on timings, Publix is open until 2100 and Walmart open 24 hours.

Enjoy we go back in Novemeber.

Lynne

Northern Ireland
Destination Expert
for Rotonda West
reviews: 13
4. Re: grocery deliveries???

If all you want are some basics like OJ, Milk, bread etc why don't you ask the villa owner if the MC could get those into the home for your arrival. I quite often do this as a matter of course for some of my guests in a similar situation to you, even get them to put the lights on in the home to make it nice and welcoming ................. if the MC are good, they will do this no problem.

Ask the question and see what they say..

Rosemary

5. Re: grocery deliveries???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, October 02, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Rotonda West