We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rotonda West - Visitors leave your tips and feedback here!

Northern Ireland
Destination Expert
for Rotonda West
reviews: 14
Rotonda West - Visitors leave your tips and feedback here!

Hi there,

To all visitors to Rotonda West, I thought it would be a good idea to establish a list of all tips that regular travellers might like to share:

Favorite Beaches

Favorite Golf Courses

Restaurants

Days Out

Boat trips

Shopping

So get your fingers typing and give our future visitors to RW plenty of tips and advice!

Rosie xo

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
reviews: 22
1. Re: Rotonda West - Visitors leave your tips and feedback here!

Boat Trip, Capt Ron Luck out of Cape Harbour Marina. IT isn't close, but the price and trip specs make it worth the drive.

Fav Beaches, South Beach Gasparilla, BLind pass beach Manasota key, Anna Maria city beach.

Restaurant, Stump pass grill, sharkey's on the pier Casperson's Beach, Sandbar- Anna Maria Used to like South Beach Grill, but the owner is a pain

Shopping, ellenton, Miromar, Pt Charlotte Mall

I got loads more lol

England
reviews: 3
2. Re: Rotonda West - Visitors leave your tips and feedback here!

Will keep an eye on this thread as we are heading over for the 1st time in 10 days time, not that I am counting or anything!!!

Northern Ireland
Destination Expert
for Rotonda West
3. Re: Rotonda West - Visitors leave your tips and feedback here!

I second the Capt Ron Luck Boat trip - one of the best things we did last summer - it was fab! If you get a chance do it!

Cruzin on Dearborn Street - 1st Sat in each month for classic car display and lot of music. A nice evening - which is free and which most men will love!

Restaurants: Farlows on the Water, Gulf View Grill, Howards, Traittia 13 (fab italian on Cape Haze Drive), Cafe 776 (best Fish and Chips!), Mamas (for pizza), South Beach and Loose Caboose (both in Boca Grand).... to mention but a few!

Shopping: Miromar Outlets

Westfield Mall, Sarasota

Southgate Mall, Sarasota

Port Charlotte Mall

Edison Sq Mall, Fort Myers

and of course love Walmart and Target also!

Thats it for now ..... will no doubt have plenty more over coming days and weeks.........

Northern Ireland
Destination Expert
for Rotonda West
4. Re: Rotonda West - Visitors leave your tips and feedback here!

My goodness forgot about favourite beaches: mine has to be Gasparilla Island by the lighthouse - heaven on earth for me!

Followed closely by Englewood Beach and Blind Pass Beach....... but hey any beach on this coast it great............

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
reviews: 22
5. Re: Rotonda West - Visitors leave your tips and feedback here!

I like Farlows (and husband not so een) and Howards. Not tried Tratorria but have drivne past it lots of times.

What is it like?

Northern Ireland
Destination Expert
for Rotonda West
6. Re: Rotonda West - Visitors leave your tips and feedback here!

Amanx - Triattia 13 is great - wonderful dinners, and the portions are huge - believe me one between 3 is more than enough! Great Italian Sausage pasta dish, but you better be hungry and I assure you that you will have enough for next night's dinner!!!!!

LOL

PS - also does great red wine!

Washington, DC
reviews: 8
7. Re: Rotonda West - Visitors leave your tips and feedback here!

We usually spend the week after Thanksgiving in Rotonda each year. We weren't impressed by Fallow's last year, but we had a great casual Italian dinner at Mama's. I am looking forward to trying some of the other restaurants mentioned here this year.

Camberley, United...
reviews: 21
8. Re: Rotonda West - Visitors leave your tips and feedback here!

Get to South Beach on Gaspirilla Island nice and early and be the only ones there for miles around ! (as per our profile pic ! )

Dont forget International Plaza at Tampa .. my wife just loves Nordstrom

Applebees in PC . Fab burgers ... try and go on Sunday evenings when you can watch 5 different NFL games at once !

Another mention for Capt Ron Luck ... wonderful day out on his boat (very affordable too)

Edited: 3:39 pm, August 05, 2010
Northern Ireland
Destination Expert
for Rotonda West
9. Re: Rotonda West - Visitors leave your tips and feedback here!

Good stuff - keep those tips coming!

My only way to keep me going until my next trip to Sunshine state later in the autumn!

Rosie xo

Ottershaw, United...
reviews: 1
10. Re: Rotonda West - Visitors leave your tips and feedback here!

If you like Italien food try Nicola's on 776 personally prefer to mama's.

For a great seafood buffet the Captain's Table at Punta Gorda.

The Crow's Nest at Venice is hard to beat but reservations are required especially on weekends.

Lynne