We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire help please

England
reviews: 4
Car hire help please

Hi,

We are a family of 4 coming over on the 29th July, flying into Miami and staying there for 2 nights before driving up to RW for the rest of our holiday. We are looking to hire a car for this part of our holiday. Has anyone got any recommendations on reliable car hire companies in the Miami area. We don't need to collect the car at the airport as we won't be driving in Miami.

Will probably ask thsi question on the Miami forum as aswell.

Thanks in advance.

Lisa

Brandon, Florida
reviews: 1
1. Re: Car hire help please

Usually you can't go wrong with any of the national car rental names ... Hertz, Avis, National, Alamo, Dollar, Budget, Enterprise etc.

Enterprise always advertises that they will bring the car to you so that may be your best bet. If you're not returning the car to the pick-up location check if there will be drop-off charges.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
reviews: 22
2. Re: Car hire help please

I generally rent at the airport there as prices are cpmpetitive. But some of the chains like alamo etc have DT or Miami beach locations (the Eden Roc has one I think as well as Fontainebleu).

Price it both ways. And use a UK broker like carhire3000 etc for a quote as well. Can be more economical with full insurance, extra driver and gas than doing it via the US website.

Northern Ireland
Destination Expert
for Rotonda West
reviews: 13
3. Re: Car hire help please

Lisa,

I agree with Amanx - make sure you use a UK based company for your carhire such as Carhire3000.com or USrentacar.com as you will get an all inclusive price with rental, taxes, extra drivers and petrol (Gold insurance). Of course if there is only 1 driver, then you may only need the Inclusive insurance which doesn't include additional drivers or petrol.

I would rent from the Airport, and all carhire companies are not at the terminal - they are a couple of miles around the airport complex. You will get most competitive price and also you will be heading out to the I 75 heading for Naples, so it is an easy straight drive to Alligator Alley to get to the Gulf Coast. If you are staying at a hotel in Miami that have an airport shuttle, then this will get you back to the airport with no problem at all.

I envy you so much, have still not booked my flights for the summer, and now looks like it will be mid August before I can go - right in the middle of the dreaded holidday season so flights are astronomical! C'est la vie!

Enjoy!

Rosiebabe

England
reviews: 4
4. Re: Car hire help please

Thanks guys for all the help. Really need to start sorting things out as holiday will come round quite quickly now, also need to book a hotel in Miami for the 2 nights!!

Bristol, UK
reviews: 83
5. Re: Car hire help please

I would suggest you book with http://www.uscarhire.co.uk?villa=1367

they are the leading people for Florida car hire and their prices are totally inclusive. USCarHire deal with Budget, Alamo and Dollar and all the main airports in Florida.

You pay £25.00 on booking and the balance is due 8 weeks before travel, as you are near your travel dates of course you will pay the total. All costs are in £ Sterling and service from the company cannot be faulted.

6. Re: Car hire help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 13, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Rotonda West