We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I work in the Cape Canaveral.

Which Port Canaveral hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cape Canaveral...
reviews: 114
I work in the Cape Canaveral.

I can see the cruise ships out of my window, and will be glad to help with any questions.

If you are coming I suggest you rent a car. All of the major companies are here and will shuttle you to/from the ship.

Also any of the hotels listed for Cape Canaveral or Cocoa beach will be close to the port and most offer transportation.

The Airport is about 45 miles from Port Canaveral.

Our biggest attraction (other than the ocean) is Kennedy Space Center. If at all possible try to take the time to go there. 1/2 day minimum, but you can spend a whole day without a problem.

These are the most common questions I get. Please let me know if you need anything else!

Philadelphia...
reviews: 59
1. Re: I work in the Cape Canaveral.

Thanks for offering to help- your post says the easiest way to get from the airport to the port is to rent a car- how far from the port are the various agency drop-off points, and how long then to shuttle from the drop off to the port??

Three of us are travelling, and it does sound like it will be far less expensive to rent a car for the trip than to pay 3 per-person rates for a shuttle. But how much more hassle is it to rent the car?

Cape Canaveral...
2. Re: I work in the Cape Canaveral.

Budget, Thrifty, Avis, & Hertz are all 10 minutes from the port and will shuttle you to the ship.

Boston...
reviews: 45
3. Re: I work in the Cape Canaveral.

psbcap, since you've offered your expert advice I will take you up on it.

My husband had posted this question on Cruise Critic, but I'm thinking you might be just the person we need to help us out:

"Cruising via the NCL Spirit in April. We are aware of the shore excursions: Orlando, Space Center or the $14 shuttle to Cocoa Beach. However, the local Port Canaveral website indicates that there is a family beach (Jetty Beach) and restaurants (The Cove) at the port as well as a local $1 trolley that goes to Cocoa Beach, but the details are very sketchy. Also, it appears these facilities are on the south-side of the port.

Question #1: Does anyone have any info or experience with these port amenities?

Question #2: As these facilities, including the trolley stop are on the south side of the port, does anybody know where in the port the NCL Spirit docks? It appears to be a two mile jaunt around the port from the north."

We dock at 9 (or 9:30) in the morning and will have to be back on the ship by 6:00.

Any help you can provide would be much appreciated. He is really obsessing about this stop because it seems that there is nothing readily available to do!

Cubechick

Cocoa Beach, Florida
reviews: 4
4. Re: I work in the Cape Canaveral.

The NCL terminal (Terminal 10) is on the north side of the port. You are correct in that it would be around a 1.5 mile walk from the cruise terminal to the closest beach trolley stop, and it is around 3.5 miles from the terminal to the beach park at Jetty Park in the port.

It would surely be dangerous and it may not even be legal to walk from the north cruise terminals to the south side of the port because the route would take you along a four lane controlled access highway. There isn't a sidewalk or anything.

I would definately use a shuttle, taxi, or rental car to go anywhere.

Cape Canaveral...
5. Re: I work in the Cape Canaveral.

Island is correct. If you have not been I would go to the space center, either by renting a car for the day or do the ship excursion.

I am assuming you will do plenty of beaches on the cruise. If you do want the beach I do like Jetty Park but the trolley does not go there, and food choices are few. I would recommend you get a cab to Cocoa Beach Pier and have fun.

Chocolate City (DC)
6. Re: I work in the Cape Canaveral.

psbcap,

I am coming down in April with a group of 15 - 17 people for a 3-day Disney cruise.

The plan is to fly in the morning of the cruise departure (leaving at 4pm), and fly out in the after noon when we come back (scheduled to return at 7am).

In this situation, do you still suggest renting? If the shuttle is better, which company is the best or least expensive?

Dis

Cape Canaveral...
7. Re: I work in the Cape Canaveral.

You will have to weigh your options. Renting a car is usually the best for say 4 people. With that many people a shuttle might be best.

Try www.arts.com or www.cocoabeachshuttle.com

Boston...
8. Re: I work in the Cape Canaveral.

psbcap, thank you for your input. I think (weather permitting) we'll take a cab over to Jetty Beach. Will there be a problem getting a cab back from there?

Cape Canaveral...
9. Re: I work in the Cape Canaveral.

Probably none waiting there but you can call for one.

Boston...
10. Re: I work in the Cape Canaveral.

Thank you!