We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from noon till 10 pm end of March, crystal river ?

Which Port Canaveral hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Essen, Belgium
reviews: 48
from noon till 10 pm end of March, crystal river ?

Hi,

Hope you all can give me some tips

We wil be at Port Canaveral on March 28 (cruise NCL GEM ) from noon till 10 pm and we did see some years ago all major stuff

( stayed for a week in Orlando with a child )

now because we are nature lovers I am searching now some other stuff to do like, snorkeling, kayaking, wildlife ( no dolphins in captivity but in the wild, same for manatees )

I would love to go snorkeling with the manatees or do a nature tour but am affraid we are too far away and come in too late to do that

could anyone give me a hint where to start searching for an ideal quiet no beach no park no zoo afternoon / evening involving nature wildlife and perhaps some snorkeling

thanks for your time

Frieda

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
reviews: 83
1. Re: from noon till 10 pm end of March, crystal river ?

There really isn't any decent snorkeling near the port. However you may find some dolphins and manatees nearby. Check out the Merritt Island Wildlife refuge, maybe rent canoes or kayaks to explore the area. You might check into an airboat tour on the St. Johns river. Not sure if anyone is doing the dolphin tours by boat up there anymore. There used to be some pontoon boats that took people out to look for dolphin and bird watching.

Essen, Belgium
2. Re: from noon till 10 pm end of March, crystal river ?

thank you for your answer, Crystal river is too far away for us so I am still searching for a charter in the neighbourhood that could take us to some dolphin / manatee sightseeing or as you suggest renting a kayak

all idea's are welcome

have a great day

Frieda

Cape Canaveral...
reviews: 114
3. Re: from noon till 10 pm end of March, crystal river ?

Frieda

I see Shirley gave you some linke to look at on Cruise Critic. She usually has a lot of good info.

Preston

Essen, Belgium
4. Re: from noon till 10 pm end of March, crystal river ?

yes she did a lot of information to check

no crystal river for us too far away

a tour leaving cocoa beach seems a better way to spend our day

no decided yet kayaking / charter a boat ..........

thanks for your time

Frieda

5. Re: from noon till 10 pm end of March, crystal river ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 pm, October 16, 2012