We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Contemplating moving from Calif to Ponte Vedra

Which Ponte Vedra Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
burddyy@hotmail.com
Contemplating moving from Calif to Ponte Vedra

I was born and raised in Orange County, Calif. Just wondering if anyone can tell me what this place is like and if would be a nice place to live. What are the people like, r there fun places to go, any shopping, etc. Basically, if anyone out there who is familiar with Calif and can give me any infor I would greatly appreciate it.

Jacksonville...
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
reviews: 17
1. Re: Contemplating moving from Calif to Ponte Vedra

Hi scribsnook,

Ponte Vedra is a wonderful place to live...it just depends on what you are looking for. I am familiar with San Diego, Santa Monica, and L.A., my brother lived out there for years and I visited often. The weather is definitely different than Cali, lots more humidity. As for shopping, the main difference is you are not going to find little village type areas for shopping and dining that you walk from home to - those are in the older Jacksonville neighborhoods. We have many upscale boutiques up and down the main drag thru the beaches, but for heavy duty shopping, most people go out to St. John's Town Center in Jacksonville - a 20-30 minute drive depending on what part of PVB you live in. It's a pedestrian outdoor mall. There are some great restaurants in Ponte Vedra as well - everything from fine dining, to upscale chains, and in between. The main "hub" of town seems to be the beach clubs, mainly Ponte Vedra Inn and Club. I would suggest you check out this forum for more info

www.city-data.com/forum/search.php…

It should provide you with more to go on than I can here, you can post your own question and get tons of feedback. Best of luck to you, transplants are always welcome!

Jacksonville...
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
reviews: 17
2. Re: Contemplating moving from Calif to Ponte Vedra

Sorry, that link didn't work, try this one and then do a search for Ponte Vedra Beach.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/jacksonville/

3. Re: Contemplating moving from Calif to Ponte Vedra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:44 pm, July 20, 2008
4. Re: Contemplating moving from Calif to Ponte Vedra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:22 am, October 03, 2009