We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sawgrass Marriott -Please tell more? Beach distance... spa?

Which Ponte Vedra Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Carolina
reviews: 31
Sawgrass Marriott -Please tell more? Beach distance... spa?

We are attending a wedding at Fort George and will be staying at the Sawgrass Marriott. We hope to be able to enjoy a "mini" vacation with our stay.

I'm a bit concerned about the distance of the Marriott to the beach and other local eateries, etc.

Also, if we arrive early I'd like to enjoy a manicure and pedicure at the spa... any advice would be welcome!

Thanks

Jacksonville...
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
reviews: 17
1. Re: Sawgrass Marriott -Please tell more? Beach distance... spa?

You won't be that far from the beach - I'd say 10 minutes. I would assume you will have a parking pass that will allow you to drive through Sawgrass to get to the Cabana Club. They also offer complimentary shuttle service to and from the beach.

You are in the heart of some really great restaurants, but you will have to use your car. The locally owned ones that are worth a try are Restaurant Medure (904) 543-3797 818 A1A N. and make reservations - it's expensive, but so good. You can go and sit at the bar and order appetizers as well. Barbara Jean's 15 South Roscoe Blvd., Ponte Vedra, FL 32082 (904) 280-7522. They don't take reservations and it's VERY popular. Waterfront, casual Southern cooking and seafood. Crabcakes and chicken fried steak are my favorites. Get there before 6 on a weekend or you will be waiting a loooooong time. Very close to you is the Aqua Grill 950 Sawgrass Village (904) 285-3017 - Seafood fine dining. Cafe Andiamo is also in Sawgrass Village 500 Sawgrass Village Dr (904) 280-2299 - Italian Bistro.

There are some great chains near you as well. Ruth's Chris, Pusser's, and Urban Flats (very casual pizza place, but they call them "flats").

Sorry, I've never been to the spa there, so I can't comment on it. I have been to the spa at the Ponte Vedra Inn and Club and it's over the top wonderful. You could spend the entire day there with your service, lunch and sitting by the private pool.

North Carolina
2. Re: Sawgrass Marriott -Please tell more? Beach distance... spa?

Thanks for the great information!

Florida
reviews: 55
3. Re: Sawgrass Marriott -Please tell more? Beach distance... spa?

I love the Spa there. It is fabulous! It is just as good as the Inn and Club. I know you could walk to several restaurants:

Elizabeth's for Breakfast

Aqua Grill, Cafe Adiamo, Mackenzies for Dinner

One Hot Cookie for Snacks!

Also you can walk to the new Pusser's it is fabuolus.

The beach is about 1 mile away, not really walkable. Take the shuttle, it is the easiest!

I live in Sawgrass, happy to help more!

North Carolina
4. Re: Sawgrass Marriott -Please tell more? Beach distance... spa?

Thanks for the information... very nice to know!

5. Re: Sawgrass Marriott -Please tell more? Beach distance... spa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:25 am, September 27, 2009