We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

watch out

Which Pompano Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis...
reviews: 21
watch out

During my trip I met some really nice people but unfortunately ran into some of the rudest people I have ever encountered. It really seemed a lot of the locals had issues with tourists and let it be known by yelling stuff at us about it.

reviews: 7
1. Re: watch out

where did you stay

and where did you go

Pompano Beach...
reviews: 37
2. Re: watch out

Sorry to hear that, I'm a native and I appreciate visitors coming to Pompano Beach.

Florida
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
reviews: 37
3. Re: watch out

Please don't take offense by this, but that sounds odd. Where were you when this happened? Not that there aren't rude people down here, but this is the first I've heard of people yelling at tourists. Maybe while driving during season if you're late for work (that's a joke!). Sorry that happened and don't let it deter you from returning.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
reviews: 64
4. Re: watch out

I always feel welcome in south Florida.

Roseville...
reviews: 53
5. Re: watch out

My wife and I have been here in Pompano Beach for the last two weeks at the Residence Inn and frankly haven't had any issues or heard of any issues with the locals. What we have noticed is that there are some neighborhoods west of I-95 that you need to keep driving. Also the law enforcement presence seems to be pretty high around here but that's pretty much true for most areas of the country. Our vacation here has been secure and very nice. The people in Pompano Beach and Lighthouse Pointe are all very friendly and hospitable. This is now our eight or ninth extended vacation in Florida. Just about all of them on the ocean on both coasts and the keys. Being originally from South Jersey and now living in California visits like this are very challenging to the waist line as the Pompano Beach area has food that I was used to in South Jersey. Very Italian and very good.

Charlotte, North...
6. Re: watch out

I have been coming to Pompano Beach for the last twenty years. Yes, some locals resent the "Snow Birds", "Blue Hairs", tourists and the traffic problems they create. The locals really dislike the Canadian tourists who are, as a whole, not friendly and more importantly to locals, don't tip. By the end of the tourist season, some locals are a bit testy. I was in one upscale Pompano seafood restaurant where a party of eight Canadians were seated next to us. These Canadiens did leave a tip. It was a handful of change. The waiter was so angry, and vocal, he chased them down in the parking lot and threw the handful of change at them. I plan my vacations at the beginning of the season. : )

Edited: 7:21 am, October 15, 2013
Charlotte, North...
7. Re: watch out

I have been coming to Pompano Beach for the last twenty years. Yes, some locals resent the "Snow Birds", "Blue Hairs" tourists and the traffic they create. The locals really dislike the Canadian tourists who are as a whole, not as friendly and more importantly to locals, don't tip. By the end of the tourist season, some locals are a bit testy. I was in one upscale Pompano seafood restaurant where a party of eight Canadians were seated next to us. These Canadiens did leave a tip. It was a handful of change. The waiter was so angry, and vocal, he chased them down in the parking lot and threw the handful of change at them. I plan my vacations at the beginning of the season. : )

florida
reviews: 51
8. Re: watch out

I'm a local, the Canadians are welcome here. They used to be a pain, but now are much friendlier and are treated nicely. They bring a lot

of spending money too.

9. Re: watch out

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, November 30, 2014