We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pompano pier

Which Pompano Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mechanicsburg...
Pompano pier

Does any one know if the pier rents fishing equipment. All the info I could find says live bait but does not mention fishing rods. Would love to catch dinner one night!

7 replies to this topic
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
reviews: 62
1. Re: Pompano pier

I've never fished in Pompano. I've had friends charter a fishing trip out of Ft Lauderdale and there are charters available at Lighthouse point as well. I've also watched people cast off the beach in the morning with good results.

You can also buy fresh fish on Atlantic, a few blocks west of the intracoastal.

Good luck with your catch.

Fort Lauderdale...
reviews: 120
2. Re: Pompano pier

Most will have rental tackle. Tight lines!

Ontario
reviews: 1
3. Re: Pompano pier

just wondering where is the place you can buy fresh fish??

new york
4. Re: Pompano pier

Try the Lauderdale by the Sea pier.They have everything you need.It is approx 1 mile south of the pompano pier.Foe the Freshest fish anywhere take Atlantic blvd to US1 and go north a few miles.It is on the east side of the road(right if traveling north) in a small shopping center.Sorry I dont recall the name.It is a fish store/restaurant.We met the fisherman that supply them on a dock in Lighthouse point.They occasionally sell fish right from their boat.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 11
5. Re: Pompano pier

I believe you are speaking of Seafood World in Lighthouse Point , which is a seafood market with a restaurant as well. their fish is impeccably fresh, but their prices are very high. I personally have not found any fishing boat selling their catch on return in years. I think the captains take anything left home or sell it privately .

new york
6. Re: Pompano pier

Hello Lulutoo,hope all is well.Guess where I spoke to the fisherman that recod Seafood world and offered to sell us some of their catch ???..... At the Galley grille by the bait and tackle station.I know you remember that place.They told me that it was just about the only place that you get to eat the fish the same day it was caught.Pricey..yes,but as the old saying goes...you get what you pay for.Hope the beach replenishment is done by the time we get into town in Feb.Turn the heat up for my vacay.Its going to be 10 degrees as the hi temp tomorrow here on Long Island.

Pompano Beach
reviews: 15
7. Re: Pompano pier

Another good spot for buying fresh fish is the Pompano Green Market, every Saturday. I know, a GREEN market... But Norm is there every week selling whatever he can procure that is good and fresh. This week I had Chilean Sea Bass, it was wonderful! He almost always has resh, never frozen, pink shrimp from the keys, which is great. He also has smoked salmon, and he makes a mean smoked fish spread, doing all the smoking himself.

The Green Market is in a lot on the southwest corner of Atlantic Boulevard and Cypress Road. It is open Saturday from 8-1. You can also find fruit and veggies, honey, olive oils, salsas, flowers, jewelry, orchids, and much more.

Reply to: Pompano pier
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted