We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snorkeling

Which Pompano Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mechanicsburg...
snorkeling

Any good places to snorkel? we have our own gear and a rental. would like to do it on our own.

8 replies to this topic
Florida
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
reviews: 37
1. Re: snorkeling

I've never snorkeled here (shame on me, I need to) but I've heard people mention the Hillsboro Inlet and it also popped up on a search on the Internet. Here is a website with info. I'm not endorsing the business because I've never used them but hopefully the info gives you a good start.

southfloridadiving.com/pompano-beach.html

Fort Lauderdale...
reviews: 125
2. Re: snorkeling

Red Reef Park in Boca is a bit expensive to get into but excellent snorkeling. If you have the time Phil Foster park in West Palm installed a snorkel trail last summer, should be under an hour north and well worth the drive. FYI very busy on weekends and at high tides, do park in marked stalls only if you go.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
reviews: 65
3. Re: snorkeling

Red Reef is good and I've heard there are reefs you can swim to off the beach at LBTS and near the Wyndham Royal Vista. I would charter at Key Largo before any place in the Ft Lauderdale area because the reefs are much nicer in the keys. Key Largo is close enough for a day trip.

Mechanicsburg...
4. Re: snorkeling

Thanks, I will check some of these places and reply with any experiences. dumb question...What does LBTS stand for?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 11
5. Re: snorkeling

LBTS is Lauderdale by the Sea, a beach community between Ft. Lauderdale and Pompano- basically covers the area east of the Intracoastal Waterway and a few blocks north and south of Commercial Blvd. ( 50th ST.) I know our sometimes poster Florida1 enjoys snorkeling there, but I don't know the details- I will say I think snorkeling in general is much better in Key Largo in the Florida Keys or at Red Reef in Boca Raton ( because of the position of the reef) than anywhere in Ft. Lauderdale/Pompano- but there are dive shops in our area that would no doubt be good resources as Key Largo ( with the famous John Pennekamp Park ) may be too far for you- about a 2 hr drive south. .

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
reviews: 77
6. Re: snorkeling

Have a look at Sea Experience (seaxp) in Ft. Lauderdale. Whilst the Keys or even Biscayne NP are best, there is some good snorkelling in Ft. Lauderdale.

Some great wreck diving too for those suitably certified....

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
reviews: 65
7. Re: snorkeling

You will see plenty of fish on a Ft Lauderdale snorkel excursion. The reefs are much more interesting (coral) in the keys.

8. Re: snorkeling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:34 pm, May 30, 2014

Reply to: snorkeling
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted