We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Could someone recommend a good beach town?

Which Pompano Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis...
Could someone recommend a good beach town?

My husband and I are going to West Palm Beach for a work trip weekend and are wanting to extend the trip throughout the week. I'm not familiar with the surrounding communities and could use some help. We like exploring beach towns, enjoy good food, would like to get out on the water some, and relax! Any recommendations on a where I should look to stay? Thanks so much!!

3 replies to this topic
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
reviews: 60
1. Re: Could someone recommend a good beach town?

You might look at Lauderdale by the Sea. Anything south of West Palm Beach will not really resemble a town like Seaside however.

Tampa, Florida
2. Re: Could someone recommend a good beach town?

Delray Beach ... get a room at the Marriott that looks out on to the ocean. The main road, Atlantic Ave has many sidewalk cafes and shops. There's a large boat on the nearby waterway that does tours. And west of I-95 there's the Morikami Gardens - google it for details.

Pompano Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
reviews: 35
3. Re: Could someone recommend a good beach town?

You posted in the Pompano forum - how about Pompano? : ) The other suggestions of Delray Beach and Lauderdale-by-the-Sea are good ones and there's also Deerfield Beach. Lauderdale-by-the-Sea and Deerfield Beach will have the most walkability to restaurants.

Reply to: Could someone recommend a good beach town?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pompano Beach