We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Closest Water Taxi Location From Wyndham Santa Barbara

Which Pompano Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas
reviews: 39
Closest Water Taxi Location From Wyndham Santa Barbara

Can someone provide me with the closest water taxi location from the hotel?

Also looking for any low cost parking for the day long trip on the water taxi that is near me.

Thanks in advance. Leaving to FLL Monday- hopefully not a lot of rain coming.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 11
1. Re: Closest Water Taxi Location From Wyndham Santa Barbara

There is not one anywhere near there- Water Taxi is very far south of that - closest ( several miles- I'll google map it ) would be Shooters just south of Oakland Park Blvd- and you would have to pay for metered or garage parking there- even further south, some people park free in the Galleria Mall parking area and walk one block west to the Doubletree Gallery One stop. I'll google map both for you- but there is nothing at all close to your time share. water Taxi does not go to Pompano at all.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
2. Re: Closest Water Taxi Location From Wyndham Santa Barbara

From Santa Barbara , 4 miles to Shooters or 6.5 miles to Galleria /Gallery One Doubletree

reviews: 7
3. Re: Closest Water Taxi Location From Wyndham Santa Barbara

take the bus for 1.75 . it picks you up in front of shopping center [stingers pizza is there] [very close to santa Barbara] take bus to riverwalk and catch the water taxi in the park. I think the name of the bar there Is downtown bar or Kelly;s landing. take the water taxi to different bars & restuarants and then take a taxi cab from shooters to your condo. The cab fare is about 20.00 I just did this 2 weeks ago and stayed at the beachcomber. this hotel is across the street from your condo. let me know if this helps.btw the bus # is 11 picks up every 30 minutes

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
4. Re: Closest Water Taxi Location From Wyndham Santa Barbara

Number 11 bus does pick up near the Santa Barbara and the shopping strip where Singers Pizza is and would go south along he beach and I think the stop the poster is speaking of might be the one on Riverwalk near Briney Pub or maybe Downtowner , but my memory is that Downtowner is the other side of the New River. Definitely was not Kellys Landing as that is on 17th St and not near any Water Taxi stop. She may mean Briney Pub and may just recall it was "Irish sounding."

It seems to me if the poster wanted to ride #11 bus, it might be better to just get off it at either Oakalnd Park Blvd and walk the block or so west to Shooters ( under the Bridge) or get off at Sunrise and walk a block or two west to the stop at Gallery One Doubletree. I'm not sure I see the wisdom of going all the way down as far as Las Olas and Riverwalk as there are many other Water Taxi stops along the way and the bus ride is a long stop and go inconvenience- I'd personally want to get on Water Taxi as far north as I could as I'd rather ride Water Taxi than a bus.- if that is indeed what the poster means- but I'm not completely sure from the description where she boarded water taxi- I guess if she recalls going cross Las Olas on the bus that would help figure it out- but even then, she could get off on Las Olas and catch Water Taxi at the Riverside Hotel area stop. I'm not sure I "get" why she went so far by bus ( if she did.. the description of the stop where she boarded is confusing to me... Did the poster remember going across Las Olas Blvd on the #11 bus?) and was there a particular reason she wanted to get Water taxi so far south from Pompano- maybe it's fuzz thinking on my part ( wine for lunch..)

It was a long bus journey if that is what she did... not sure why that would be desirable. But BCT Bus #11 is indeed a way of getting to Water Taxi from Pompano without having to park anywhere..

You can certainly use that bus, I guess I just would say get off it as soon as you can get near a WT Stop- and that would be Oakland Park Blvd- unless you have a reason for wanting to travel further down that I don't understand.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 79
5. Re: Closest Water Taxi Location From Wyndham Santa Barbara

I think the bar D Woods is talking about is the Briny, the Downtowner is also a water taxi stop on the other side of the river. I love the Briny and would recommend. If I were you I' d drive to Galleria Mall and park there for free then walk east to the Doubletree Gallery One walk straight through the hotel and the water taxi stop is right there.

reviews: 7
6. Re: Closest Water Taxi Location From Wyndham Santa Barbara

thanks Sue, I could picture the bar and have been there [the downtowner] just couldn't remember the name. will be back in town in Oct

7. Re: Closest Water Taxi Location From Wyndham Santa Barbara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 15, 2014