We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wyndham Santa Barbara - Pompano

Which Pompano Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas
reviews: 28
Wyndham Santa Barbara - Pompano

Hello all, I’ve stayed in FLL before but was considering the Wyndham Santa Barbara. Im bringing my 10 year old son who I think would love the beach & the turtle education. We will also rent a car. Any thoughts on safety around Pompano & if you can recommend any affordable food eateries that the locals enjoy.

I had a teacher who transplanted years ago that didn’t speak highly. (20 years ago I might add)

Thanks in advance.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
reviews: 60
1. Re: Wyndham Santa Barbara - Pompano

There are no issues with safety in this area of Pompano Beach.

Great pizza at Stingers, a block up the street.

Pompano Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
reviews: 35
2. Re: Wyndham Santa Barbara - Pompano

Pompano Beach is completely different than it was in the 80's and early 90's. Lots of parks and family activities. There are a couple of not so nice areas (like any city) but you wouldn't venture into them.

What kind of food do you and your son enjoy? Pompano isn't exactly know for its great restaurants but we're super close to cities you could drive to. Aruba Beach Cafe in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea is right on the water and has good food.

Poinciana, Florida
reviews: 9
3. Re: Wyndham Santa Barbara - Pompano

Just returned from the Wyndam Santa Barbara - had a nice time. The Service at this hotel is FANTASTIC. Norman at the Front Desk, Tamikia and Cheryl your personal Concierges are excellent and housekeeping was great and quick, supplying each request in a very timely manner and the units are nice. HOWEVER... the only thing the Santa Barbara has over Wyndam Sea Gardens is the View (it looks out to the ocean and the intercoastal waterways.

If you are traveling with a 10 year old, I would suggest the Wyndam Sea Gardens; much more lively with many many more activities for a 10 year old and the Gardens are beautiful.

You have to walk across the street to get to the beach at both properties, so thats a wash, but even if you have already booked Santa Barbara, go visit Sea Gardens. Its right down the street about a 5 minute drive north of Santa Barbara and its a sister resort so you can enjoy all the amenities. However, if you have not booked, try Sea Gardens. I'm sure you will both like this better.

Also, DO NOT TAKE THE SERENITY CRUISE, opt for the Jungle Queen - . Much Much better food, a show that can be enjoyed by all age groups and you cruise the same intercoastal waterways and see the same mansions; but the food and show and visiting the island make it much more fun.,

Bea

Dallas
reviews: 28
4. Re: Wyndham Santa Barbara - Pompano

Bea thank you so much for replying. I was beginning to think no one would offer any input here which is surprising as Ive always had lots of input before. I have already locked in for the Santa Barbara but will definitely take your advice on visiting the sister property & cruise. I hope my stay is just as enjoyable as yours. Im ready for a much needed break.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 12
5. Re: Wyndham Santa Barbara - Pompano

The Museum of Discovery and Science in Ft. Lauderdale has a Turtle Walk program that runs through July as far as I know, but I don't think I know your travel dates. Gumbo Limbo Nature Center to the north in Boca Raton has programs too and is a hands on place your son would probably enjoy .

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 12
6. Re: Wyndham Santa Barbara - Pompano

http://www.sunny.org/beaches/turtle-programs/

Poinciana, Florida
reviews: 9
7. Re: Wyndham Santa Barbara - Pompano

Enjoy... Your son will really like the Jungle Queen

8. Re: Wyndham Santa Barbara - Pompano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 29, 2014