We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lighthouse Cove Resort questions

Which Pompano Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indian Head...
reviews: 1
Lighthouse Cove Resort questions

I'm staying at Lighthouse Cove Resort for six days soon. I'm flying into Ft. Lauderdale, and I'm trying to avoid renting a car. I was told that I can get a Taxi shuttle through the resort for $40 each way - is this a good deal? What would a regular taxi cost? Is there a more cost effective way to get to and from the airport?

Also, is there any type of market close by? I would like to prepare most meals in the room, but once again without a car I don't know if that will be possible.

Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

6 replies to this topic
Florida
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
reviews: 37
1. Re: Lighthouse Cove Resort questions

Are you planning on staying at the hotel the entire time? Because without a car you're going to be very limited. The hotel isn't within walking distance to any restaurants, drug or grocery stores, activities, etc. You can take a cab to the nearest Publix Supermarket which is on Atlantic Blvd and about 2 miles away.

The price you quoted for the service from the airport sounds about right.

Indian Head...
2. Re: Lighthouse Cove Resort questions

Well, I'm going for a really restful time there...I'm an exhausted third grade teacher:-)

However, I do need to shop and I'd like to find a yoga studio closeby...what about bike rentals? I haven't had any luck finding anything online...

Thanks

Edited: 7:52 pm, April 25, 2013
Florida
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
reviews: 37
3. Re: Lighthouse Cove Resort questions

The beaches here are nice and quiet. It's just that Pompano Beach has mostly condos and hotels on its beaches and never developed restaurants on the beach like other areas. There is a hot yoga shop in Lighthouse Point, which is about 2 miles away: http://www.awakenhotyoga.com. There are bike rentals in the Ft. Lauderdale and Deerfield Beach areas but I don't know if they deliver. Also you couldn't bike to the store or yoga.

If you can find a deal on Hotwire or another site to rent a car I would suggest you do so. You don't need to use it all the time but you can put the $80+ of the airport transfer to it. And at least you'll have the option when you want to go to a restaurant or take a yoga class. There are also some relaxing places to visit in the area like Bonnet House in Ft. Lauderdale or the Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens in Delray Beach that make a nice half day trip. I think the car would come in handy and make your trip a little easier. And more relaxing : )

Indian Head...
4. Re: Lighthouse Cove Resort questions

Thank you so much for your help!

Ontario
5. Re: Lighthouse Cove Resort questions

Try priceline. I always bid on a car and send about $100 for a week

florida
reviews: 51
6. Re: Lighthouse Cove Resort questions

Pompano has a daily bike rental program, and you can bike to Ft laud and leave it there. You can workout at new renovated beach area, nice outdoor equipment and watch the waves. On Sunday mornings do Yoga at Atlantic and A1a

On grassy lawn. Go north of resort to MacDonalds, lil grocery store. Pick up fresh fish at fishing fleet area. Enjoy your stay!

Edited: 3:18 am, November 28, 2013
Reply to: Lighthouse Cove Resort questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted