We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Bars & beach chair questions

Which Pompano Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts
reviews: 25
Beach Bars & beach chair questions

We are staying at the La Costa in May and were wondering if there are any beach bars in the vicinity. If not can you bring your own to the beach?

Also, is it true you have to rent chairs when staying at La Costa? They don't supply them on the beach?

Thanks for any help.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
reviews: 60
1. Re: Beach Bars & beach chair questions

Aruba in Lauderdale by the Sea is a restaurant and bar which is beachfront.

You need to be discreet drinking on the beach.

Bring your own chairs or be prepared to rent them.

Pompano Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
reviews: 35
2. Re: Beach Bars & beach chair questions

Aruba isn't within walking distance from your hotel as it's 5 miles away. A good venture if you wanted to grab a taxi. There are no larger bars in that area off of NE 14th Street but there might be a little one in one of the hotels. The closest bar I can think of is Brinys Irish Pub at Atlantic Blvd but its not directly on the beach. Also you could go to Galuppi's which is straight down 14th St on Federal Hwy at the city golf course.

Drinking on the beach here is illegal. But if you got a cup with a straw and were discrect you would be fine.

I'm not sure about the beach chair rentals at the hotel but the city of Pompano Beach does have a rental program at the Atlantic Blvd beach. You could always buy inexpensive beach chairs at CVS or Walgreens. The closest one would be at Atlantic Blvd and Federal Highway (CVS).

Edited: 2:18 pm, April 14, 2013
Pompano Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
reviews: 35
3. Re: Beach Bars & beach chair questions

I was in the area today and there's a place called Seaside Grill on A1A that is just north of NE 14th that has a sign that says they have tiki bar. Check it out and let us know how it is.

Sykesville, Maryland
4. Re: Beach Bars & beach chair questions

just stayed at the La Costa two weeks ago. there is a chair/cabana rental stand on the beach right in front of La Costa. Seaside Grill is in the Light House Cove resort right next door. the tiki bar at Sands marina (on intercoastal) has good food and excellent happy hour

Manassas, Virginia
reviews: 8
5. Re: Beach Bars & beach chair questions

We're staying at La C also later on in oct. What I've found so far in my research(la C has a site on TA here) , the seaside grill is next door at the Light house point which is the same as LaC, a hotel/timeshare place. I figure it's usually cheaper to go buy a couple cheapo chairs at CVS or some tourist trinket shack, same with beach towels. But that's a to each his own thing really and we're staying in fla. for ten days.I have some restaurants scoped out that I'd like to hit but that's based only on TA reviews. We like to try and find the little hole in the wall places that have great food.We'll definitely be hitting the seaside gril if for nothing else it's rest./bar on the beach and walking distance.

J

6. Re: Beach Bars & beach chair questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 17, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Pompano Beach