We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any recent openings or closings this past year??

Which Pompano Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Level Contributor
153 posts
1 review
Any recent openings or closings this past year??

Seen a lot of good restaurants and hotels close over the past 10 years.we will be back in town for vacay in Feb. Anything come or go since last year???

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
3,370 posts
67 reviews
1. Re: Any recent openings or closings this past year??

Fin and Claw is gone. Athenas in LBTS is totally made over. Went to NautiDawg for the first time and it was great!

new york
Level Contributor
153 posts
1 review
2. Re: Any recent openings or closings this past year??

Thanks.Did you do nauti dog for breakfast or other.we have been there for breakfast sevaral times and found it to be good but the pooches laying on the same tables you are eating on .....not too cool.Actually it may be ok if its you eating and its your pooch however I dont want to be the next to eat at that table .Ouside of the table thing it is pretty cool having the pooches all around,as long as they are on the floor.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
3,370 posts
67 reviews
3. Re: Any recent openings or closings this past year??

We did dinner twice. Very good fish and burgers. Also ate at Litos nearby at 24th and Federal Hwy and Calypso.

Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
83 posts
16 reviews
4. Re: Any recent openings or closings this past year??

Too late for your visit, but maybe you discovered The Beach Grille, on Atlantic, right next to Frank's. it's a casual spot with a few tables outside as well as in. You order and pay at the counter, your food is delivered to you. Perfect spot for lunch in your bathing suit.

Www.thebeachgrill.com

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
34,421 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: Any recent openings or closings this past year??

I don't know how long it has been there , but werecently discovered a real hole in the wall in Lighthouse Point with great seafood

urbanspoon.com/r/…Fish-Shack-Pompano-Beach

Finding it is an adventure- across the street from Bank of Amreica , but not even visible from Federal- you have to wind around behind the road and car dealership to find it in a junky strip of shops- but folks do find it and the lines are often out the door. very small storefront place.

new york
Level Contributor
153 posts
1 review
6. Re: Any recent openings or closings this past year??

Anything new or closed this past year???

Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
83 posts
16 reviews
7. Re: Any recent openings or closings this past year??

Sunset Catch is new, in the Sands Marina, on the second floor. Going there for Happy Hour this week, I will report back, but have heard good things.

new york
Level Contributor
153 posts
1 review
8. Re: Any recent openings or closings this past year??

Thanks for the post!! Thats awesome news !! Been up there when it was Jerimaihas and when it was Upper Deck.Great place for a drink and a sunset.That has been vacant for years.Thanks for the good news.

Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
83 posts
16 reviews
9. Re: Any recent openings or closings this past year??

Went to Sunset Catch for Happy Hour tonight. Arrived at 5, we were the only ones there, but there were more when we left. The renovation is lovely, it's a lot fancier than it was as Jeremiah's, or others before that. We stayed inside, but the patio area was nicely closed in with plastic that could easily open on a nicer night.

Happy Hour, 4-7 weekday nights, had a $5 drink menu, including California wines, several beers, margaritas, and a few other mixed drinks, as well as $7 appetizers. My mussel appetizer was very good, and just the right size, with nice Itslian toast to dunk in the red sauce. I could have Fra Diavalo red sauce, or mild, or white wine, all for $7 this night. My friends had bruschetta and coconut shrimp, they were happy, too. Presentation was also well done.

We had very good and friendly service. We learned there is music on Thursday and Monday, from 6 until? I'm not sure. The dinner menu seemed to be on target, price-wise, for its location and choices.

Try it!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,068 posts
142 reviews
10. Re: Any recent openings or closings this past year??

We went to SunCatcher last week. We had gone for Happy Hour, but you had to sit at the bar for those specials, and we wanted to be outside overlooking the water. We ended up ordering drinks and dinner off of the regular menu. The food was very good(a little pricey though I thought). The renovation was very nice, and there was live music on the night we were there. Not busy when we got there, but most tables taken by the time we left. Service was excellent.

Get answers to your questions about Pompano Beach