We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wyndham Sea Garden vs Lighthouse Cove Resort

Which Pompano Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wyndham Sea Garden vs Lighthouse Cove Resort

I will be going to pompano beach the end of August thru Labor Day. I have a choice of two timeshares. One is a studio at Wyndham Sea Garden or a studio at Lighthouse cove. Which one is better. I love the beach and is there any difference between the two. Thanks for any help with this.

INDIANA
reviews: 5
1. Re: Wyndham Sea Garden vs Lighthouse Cove Resort

I have been to both. Light house cove is right on the beach! We love it and have bought 2 timeshares there. They have a Tiki bar with entertainment at night and a restaurant on site. Seagarden has some small, older units on the beach, but most of their units are across A1A highway. The new ones in the towers are not on the beach either, but very nice. Seagarden has lovely gardens in the middle of their timeshare.

reviews: 26
2. Re: Wyndham Sea Garden vs Lighthouse Cove Resort

I've stayed at both resorts, and the question is not which one is best, but which one is WORST! Lighthouse Cove is a cheesy resort on the beach, with super cheap windows. Everytime there is a breeze, the windows rattle. Lighthouse Cove is also very dated in its decor, and the units are poorly maintained. Sea Gardens on the other hand, can be nice if your are in the towers to the rear of the property or in the Key West building. The other units are small and unkept. We've stayed in both, however, the last stay was in the towers, and the A/C was down for 3 days. In Florida, that's not a good thing. Management at Sea Gardens is weak, and the staff is poor. I wrote a review (Party Central) on Trip Advisor, stating that we would never stay there again. There was a party next door to us that went on for 3 days and until 6AM every morning. Horrible!!! Management did NOTHING to help us.

You may want to look it up. If I were you, I'd stay away from both of these places, and I mean that sincerely.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 11
3. Re: Wyndham Sea Garden vs Lighthouse Cove Resort

I agree completely with 2Techs above- neither is particularly nice- some SDea Gardens units are much better than others- but I'm one who wouldn't chance it. I'm glad the first posters like their timeshares , but most everyone I know was very disappointed in their accomodations at Lighthouse Cove- very outdated units.

INDIANA
reviews: 5
4. Re: Wyndham Sea Garden vs Lighthouse Cove Resort

When were the last posters at Lighthouse Cove last? Were they aware that many of the units have been redecorated since the hurricane with even new granite top counters? The studios in question all have patio sliders that go out to balconies where you can view the ocean. These sliding glass doors were all replaced after the hurricane with storm proof doors. I know of no studios with the old style windows that the poster mentioned.

5. Re: Wyndham Sea Garden vs Lighthouse Cove Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, February 07, 2010