We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beachcomber Resort

Which Pompano Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
pittsburgh
Beachcomber Resort

There are 3 of staying at the Beachcomber in August and just wanted a hotel on the beach for a week getaway. So we booked this one and now are reading reviews that there really isnt anything to do around the hotel, like restaurants & nightlife.. we're in our early 20s, any suggestions?! (no car!)

new york
reviews: 1
1. Re: Beachcomber Resort

You would probably be better off if you tried the Sheraton clipper which is much closer to the airport and there are tons of walking distance bars and restaurants and night life.The beach is right there.It is the spring breakers area of choice.Not much to do around the Beachcomber especially w/o a car.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 11
2. Re: Beachcomber Resort

Mulligan- sorry to tell you the Sheraton Yankee Clipper closed for extensive rennovation this month and I think the renovations will keep it closed till sometime just before Super Bowl.

I do agree that the posters would probably be happier further south than Pompano Beach, somewhere on the Ft. Lauderdale beach - I find little in the way of nightlife and restaurants in Pompano especially without a car.

Dallas
3. Re: Beachcomber Resort

I know what you mean I'm worried about that too. My boyfriend and I are staying at the Beachcomber in August as well and in our 20's and see there's not too much to do as far as nightlife around there except chill out...we can't change our hotel now though because we booked through Orbitz.com. Oh well now just need to make sure to find the liquor store around there ASAP! lol

new york
4. Re: Beachcomber Resort

Liquor store is right across the street,nice little bar too

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 11
5. Re: Beachcomber Resort

I think Mulligan is referring to Stingers- a friendly neighborhood bar that serves breakfast too- better than nothing , but probably not the nightlife or dining you were hoping for. I find it a bit dreary inside and last time I was there for breakfast, I was put off that there was an exterminator peering behind the various machines and counters with a flashlight- I don't want to think about what he was looking for... the bar itself is a bit on the shabby side- not in a chic rustic way- just pretty old and run down.

If you can make your way south at night down to Lauderdale by the Sea- I think the #11 bus runs till about 11pm and the stop is across from Beachcomber if I recall- you can at last try Aruba Beach Cafe and a few other places there- and they have a free street dance there every weekend - though I always forget if it's on Friday or Saturday. We were at Sea Watch last night- which is south of Beachcomber about halfwy to Lauderdale by the Sea. Food is good in my opinion, but it pulls in a mainly older crowd.I can't visualize if it would be walkable- maybe Mulligan remembers better than I do.

Other than that , I think Stingers is the only restaurant anywhere nearby- except for the one at the Beachcomber- which I think most find overpriced for it's quality- I think it's all about a captive audience there. Ther is a strip of shops south of Seawatch that has a diner, pizza place, and chinese( mainly take out). Probably none of those is really worth walking too .

reviews: 7
6. Re: Beachcomber Resort

I have stayed at Beachcomber many times yes you can take the bus in ft lauderdale for 1-1.50 each way then take a cab back at night maybe 15.00 The hotel has great bartenders Racheal & steve although prices are a little high you could go 2 doors down to Wyndham royal vista for their tiki bar a little cheaper and a lot of fun locals.Beachcomber tiki bar closes early and wyndham stays open until 10-11. hope this helps let me know if you need any more info. DeeWee from Cincinnati. P s I think you will really enjoy the beachcomber as long as you did not get the cheapie rooms. if so pay the little extra to stay in the main bldg which is very nice.

megz0950
7. Re: Beachcomber Resort

My boyfriend and I are going to the beachcomber in August, and we are also in our 20's. Your post about the bus was a relief! What else did you find interesting or fun to do while you were there? Have you heard about the rain there?

Thanks!

8. Re: Beachcomber Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 14, 2010