We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anglins coffee shop on the pier open yet??????????

Which Pompano Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
reviews: 1
Anglins coffee shop on the pier open yet??????????

Wondering if the coffee shop has reopened yet and how the new Muligans (Ocen 101)is?? Any recent closings or openings?? Macks Groves was supposed to be the new location for Wings beach store.Still empty??

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 11
11. Re: Anglins coffee shop on the pier open yet??????????

For both Mulligan, who originated this post and any others looking for waterfront dining, I had a great breakfast on the Ocean today!

You would have to take a brief drive up A1A north of Pompano to the delightful beach town of Deerfield Beach. I'd say it's ten minutes ,but wasn't counting as much of the drive is up the Hillsboro Mile , a stretch of road with overhanging trees that has the Intracoastal on one side and the Ocean on the other and is lined with lovely homes. be careful though , the speed limit gets as low as 30 mph and the police there just love to write tickets. You also get to go over the Hillsboro Bridge and see the inlet and lighthouse. Beautiful! You'll come to Deerfield and this great eatery is actually a concession that is part of the Howard Johnson Hotel there ( who would guess?!). It used to be called Luna Rosa , but it seems to now be called Roccos and is undergoing some remodelling. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner and almost every table has a view of the Ocean and the pier across the road from them, with big floor length glass doors that open . Prices are reasonable and the menu is pretty good- I miss the macadamia -pineapple pancakes that Luna Rosa served , but much of the stuff is the same , including my cinnamon raisin French Toast( $7.75), six nice triangles with warm syrup and a shower of golden raisins added. They also have three kinds of eggs Benedict- traditional, spinach and salmon) and a nice breakfast wrap. Things like the normal eggs and bacon, bagels and cappuccino too. The only negative was that for some reason the dining room seemed extra noisy with chat. I couldn't see any obvious loud tables ( about 12 of 18 were full) but maybe the tile floors don't help. It did get a little quieter as I dined. I really think it's a great spot. I noticed another small place called Kelly's right by the pier , but I am not sure what it is like. But do try Rocco's. I parked at a side street meter and walked a block down the beach ( its my favorite beach in the area), but there are pay lots and even a city garage nearby.

I think Rocco's is Italian at night and I think it would also be worth a look-hopefully they add tablecloths and things calm down a bit- but anyway- for those looking for a great view at a reasonable price, it's a winner- I'll see if I can find an on line link. I think I'm headed back next week for those eggs benedict..

Florida
12. Re: Anglins coffee shop on the pier open yet??????????

Yes they are open! Anglins Beach Cafe is open at 7 am to 5 pm and soon will be open for dinner! I had breakfast on monday it was fabulous! Its eco friendly too and has the best view in town!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
13. Re: Anglins coffee shop on the pier open yet??????????

Yes, finally!! I had a nice omelet ($7). You won't recognize the inside though - all cleaned up and painted/tiled- no counter , about 8 tables. One server seemed to be from the old group- the others were all young men who may have been recent arrivals from Eastern Europe based on their language skills. I saw a very nice french toast platter covered with fresh berries. The view of course is still fabulous!

By the way, some of the former staff have relocated to that little greasy spoon/diner just a few doors west of Wings( can't recall the latest name). Nothing has lasted long there lately, so I hope they are able to make it. If you miss a favorite server , you may find her there.

new york
reviews: 1
14. Re: Anglins coffee shop on the pier open yet??????????

THATS GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!! But what am I going to do now??? We already have a new favorite waterfront breakfast place to go,The Galley Grille.LuLu,the next time you go to the Galley grill,walk out on the dock to where the bait shop is and look down into the water.There is a family of 4-6foot long tarpon living there that people feed all day long.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
15. Re: Anglins coffee shop on the pier open yet??????????

I heard about that Mulligan- and also that they have some sort of tarpon feeding club for little kids that includes a T Shirt- but I can't seem to find any details about it...

Well, you do have more than one breakie to eat , right, so you'll have to do a comparison next time...

John and I are off to Key West today , as soon as we watch Tom Watson ( hopefully) win the British Open - and we traditionally stop at Robbie's at MM77 to see the tarpon there- they have hundreds- ansd sell buckets of baitfish to feed them!

Tamarac, FL
16. Re: Anglins coffee shop on the pier open yet??????????

Anglins Beach Café is definitely up and running. The line you see forming are probably patrons waiting to be seated outside, but the inside has been totally renovated and every table has a view so try inside seating. The new owners are eco-friendly and serve up a healthy and tasty menu with organic eggs, nitrate free bacon, and gourmet pancakes. Their lunch specials include traditional New England roll specials, signature pizzas and paninis. This is one of my favorite spots east of 95.

17. Re: Anglins coffee shop on the pier open yet??????????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 08, 2010