We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anglins coffee shop on the pier open yet??????????

Which Pompano Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
reviews: 1
Anglins coffee shop on the pier open yet??????????

Wondering if the coffee shop has reopened yet and how the new Muligans (Ocen 101)is?? Any recent closings or openings?? Macks Groves was supposed to be the new location for Wings beach store.Still empty??

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 12
1. Re: Anglins coffee shop on the pier open yet??????????

They are still working on an extensive remodel of the old Mack's Groves site , which I understand will eventually be Wings- but I don't think a sign is even posted on it yet. Anglin's Pier and the coffee shop on it are now owned by the folks who own the Athena. I haven't been inside the coffee shop yet, but there appeared to be a small line waiting to get in when I drove by last Saturday. It's been repainted outside, so I don't know what the inside is like.

I have been to 101 Ocean ( the former Mulligan's) twice and have not been pleased with the food or service , though there have been some positive reviews posted on TA . Maybe I was just unlucky with my servers and menu choices ( once for breakfast once for lunch,) but somehow I'm not interested in trying it again. If you give it a go, I'd love to hear what you think.

new york
2. Re: Anglins coffee shop on the pier open yet??????????

thanks for the update Lulutoo !! Would you know if Joes riverside and the

Sands patio bar behind it are still hanging in there?? Those new massive high rises will either kill their business or maybe boost it.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
3. Re: Anglins coffee shop on the pier open yet??????????

I know Joe's is - not certain about the Sands bar. By the way, the site www.restaurant.com is selling discount certificates for Joe's- usually a $25 certificate is $10- but for the next day or two, you can get them for just $2 if you type in EIGHTY as a code at checkout. The certificates are good for 12 months from purchase- there is some sort of minimum purchase required ( maybe it's $35 or two entrees, I forget , but printed on the certificate before you buy it.) We bought and used one for Pa De Gennaros just recently- and it was accepted very graciously.

We also have one for Fin and Claw that we haven't used yet- it seems to be a great site !

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
4. Re: Anglins coffee shop on the pier open yet??????????

By the way , that massive high rise at A1A and Atlantic seems to have no residents yet- though I think their sales office is open.

new york
5. Re: Anglins coffee shop on the pier open yet??????????

Thanks for the heads up on the gift certificate.I must have just missed it.It showed none available.I will keep checking back.Mulligans

Brick, New Jersey
6. Re: Anglins coffee shop on the pier open yet??????????

I know this thread is 10 days old but Restaurant.com is also having a sale for Halloween for 80% off. Unfortunately Joe's is SOLD OUT! I did jump on one for Pa DeGennaros and Southern Comfort Lounge & Grill up in Pompano Beach...anyone know if that place is good? I've only heard wonderful things about PaDeG's and nothing on SCL&G, but what the heck. We will be in Pompano for 5 days after our stay in LBTS and if I don't use it I only lose 2 bucks!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
7. Re: Anglins coffee shop on the pier open yet??????????

The code you must use for the 80% off is TREATS ( all caps I think). I haven't heard of SC either, but I'll investigate - and I do love Pa's! We used a certificate there recently and they were very gracious about it- didn't even add the gratuity as the coupon said they would - let us decide- of course the service was so good, they probably guessed correctly that we left 20%, not the 18!

Brick, New Jersey
8. Re: Anglins coffee shop on the pier open yet??????????

Recommend any MUST eats ats??? I of course want to be at/on the water and don't want to break the bank! (I know that's alot to ask for)...oh and not big on chains! should we take the drive down to Billys' Stone Crabs in Hollywood...worth it?

I love that you guys get in your car and investigage these places for us! Thanks in advance!

Elisa, from a very dreary rainy cold NJ :(

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
9. Re: Anglins coffee shop on the pier open yet??????????

Well, of course it's not fine dining, but while you are in LBTS, you really could enjoy Aruba Beach Cafe, which is right on the Ocean. We never go for dinner, but do enjoy lunch there( I usually havea seafood quesadilla) and especially their Friday Happy Hour, when they have music and carve a roast pig for their bar patrons ( I don't think folks at tables get any- not sure though...):

http://www.arubabeachcafe.com/happyhour.htm

And we lunch also at Sea watch , which we enjoy very much - and that is just a little north of LBTS on your way up A!A to Pompano.

There is a certificate available on restaurant.com for a little place called Carina's in the Sea Ranch Lakes center ( where the Publix is on A1A north of Commercial Blvd) and while it is not on the water and we have only had panini and gelato there for lunch, I am told at dinner they spiff up the place with tablecloths and serve a nice dinner.

There is also a little storefront Italian place on Commercial at Bouganvilla Dr. ( just over the bridge) called Tedesco's that has really good Italian food- many choices and such big servings we served four ladies and three kids amply with three adult take out dinners.

Another place to check into is Blue Moon Fish Co on the Intracoastal at Commercial ( across from Benihana. Their prices are high but in off season they did BOGO lunch ( don't know if it's still offered). Also a great Sunday Brunch- a combo of buffet raw bar, served entree and killer desserts.

All I have been able to find out about Southern Comfort is that it is inside the Lighthouse Cove Resort at NE 14 St and A1A. That resort doesn't get rave reviews- a little old inside - so I wouldn't expect too much - maybe a nice view of the Ocean since it is on the beach.. Let us all know so we can add it to our list if it is good!

Now, surely, you understand our offers to check out these places is just a bit self serving ( oh, I have to try that gelato/ Kilwins Ice cream, etc, so I can tell people if they should...) - we locals have quite a racket going!

Brick, New Jersey
10. Re: Anglins coffee shop on the pier open yet??????????

Wonderful wonderful infomation. I have already looked into and printed out the menus on the Blue Moon Fish Co., figured we'd definately go the Aruba Cafe (just for the name) since we are Aruba lovers and usually go there 2x's a year but put it off this year and next, I saw Carina's on Restaurant.com also...good to know, will look into the others now.

I kinda chose Southern Comfort also because it said live entertainment and we love southern rock (Charlie Daniels, Marshall Tucker, Grinder Switch, etc.) and thought that it might be on their venue as well as changing up the food choices! But thanks, guess sometimes its good to have SOME surprises on vacation (although I'm way too organized for that).

Again, thanks local Lulu...keep um coming!

Elisa (HEY IT SNOWED TODAY IN SOUTH JERSEY...YUP OCT. 28th and it snowed)