We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to eat and things to do

Which Perdido Key hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
louisville,ky
Places to eat and things to do

Hi, we will be there Aug 3-10th and I'm looking for places to eat and maybe a doughnut shop. This is also our first trip to this area of FL and I'm looking for things to do any suggestions are helpful. I'm also looking for a deep sea fishing company. Thanks Missy

5 replies to this topic
Maryville, TN
reviews: 17
1. Re: Places to eat and things to do

We love the Shrimp Basket and Lillian's Pizza. Haven't been there yet but want to try Sunset Grill. Also like the Original Oyster House, DeSoto's, and Lulu's in Gulf Shores and Lambert's in Foley.

Perdido Key, Florida
2. Re: Places to eat and things to do

Original Point Restaurant (it has been there 30 years plus....) and Fisherman's Corner. Both excellent and not tourist traps. Neither have a great view and are casual. Then again most all the restaurants are casual. Flip flops and shorts are fine. Not too keen on the Shrimp Basket. Sunset Grille has one of the best views in the area. Great sunsets, food is fair. Cobalt in Orange Beach also has a nice view and great food, but be prepared to spend $$$. Google all 4 of these for more info and menus.

katy, tx
reviews: 5
3. Re: Places to eat and things to do

We have had good luck each time at Lillian's Pizza. Last Oct we were able to get an online order promptly and it was fresh and delicious. We ate at Fisherman's Corner once at a busy Sun lunch and it was good but not great. New Orleans style food and a long wait to get in, but that is expected at that time period. My husband loved his ribeye but my shrimp and grits were not as great. Dont care for the Shrimp Basket like most people do. Our fish sandwiches had obviously been frozen not fresh fish and were mushy. Triggers used to be good for lunch. Its off the beaten path and locals tend to frequent it. I would be happy to see a Thai place there!

Little Rock...
4. Re: Places to eat and things to do

Fisherman's Corner is excellent. I would recommend getting there early as their nightly specials sellout quickly. Sunset grill is good as well with a nice play area for kids.

Louisville, Kentucky
reviews: 107
5. Re: Places to eat and things to do

Hello! I second Lillians Pizza, the shrimp basket, The Crab Shack and desotos ( lunch). The Hangout in Gulf Shores offers a good time especially for kids ( if you are traveling with any). Cosmos and King Neptune are highly recommended but we didn't get around to it. I highly suggest S&S Seafood carryout. Lamberts was not worth it for me, long lines... mediocre food, you are only paying for the experience to say you've been to a Lamberts. For the 4 hours you'd dedicate to Lamberts, you could have driven to Mobile or something for some delicious fresh seafood in a different atmosphere and to see the Battleship. I would recommend a dolphin cruise as well and maybe a half a day in Pensacola ( Blue Angels show). When we went, we utilized the convenience to take a day trip to New Orleans ( 3 hour drive- spent the night) and enjoy Bourbon street. Have fun!!

Reply to: Places to eat and things to do
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Perdido Key