We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pet-friendly?

Which Perdido Key hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
reviews: 11
Pet-friendly?

Any pet friendly accomodations in Perdido? We have one dog 25 pounds, very clean and well-behaved. Thanks in advance.

1. Re: Pet-friendly?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 am, July 20, 2013
Maryville, TN
reviews: 17
2. Re: Pet-friendly?

You may be able to find a house that is pet friendly but I don't know of any of the Condos that are. Escambia County doesn't allow animals on the beaches so not much incentive for the rentals go allow pets. I wish they did because I would be there with my dog all the time.

Houston, Texas
3. Re: Pet-friendly?

We found a place on VRBO.com in the Beach Colony resort that would accomodate our 20 lb dog.

Perdido Key, Florida
4. Re: Pet-friendly?

We now have 2 pet friendly beaches at Perdido, but hours are very limited. Early morning only and they have to be leashed. Hoping to get the hours extended.

Maryville, TN
reviews: 17
5. Re: Pet-friendly?

The problem is having to lock them up in the room for the rest of the day. The dog park seems to be a token gesture so that they can claim to be pet friendly...Escambia County is definately NOT pet friendly.

Perdido Key, Florida
6. Re: Pet-friendly?

I agree with you tngiants.

Update- If I heard correctly during the county commissioners meeting on Thursday (July 25th), they are going to shut the Perdido Key Gulf side park (County Gulf Access #3, 14767 Perdido Key Drive) down after Labor day unless the community speaks up. The report is that overall there have been no problems at the dog parks at Pensacola Beach or Perdido Key, but Commissioner Valentino had some guy speak at the meeting and he claimed that there were a couple of instances where the owners/dogs wandered a little past the 50 or so foot boundary and there were a couple of times that people brought their dogs after the 10 am deadline. So..... in their infinite wisdom, they are suggesting that all the other dog parks will now get to stay open for much longer hours, but they want to close the Perdido Key Gulf side park. This makes no sense, since one of the main issues was people bringing pets after the 10 am deadline at Perdido Key. I emailed the 3 sensible commissioners and asked them to reconsider. I'm sure that all the dog parks had an incident or two, but Perdido Key always goes backwards.

I think the problem is that there is certain group living on Perdido Key that does not want dogs on the beach... period. These people seem to have a lot of control over the District 2 commissioner. The same group had the proposed snorkeling reef moved to a new smaller location. One county official told me that it is now going to be built back at the original spot at County Gulf Access #1, but I have not been able to find any official word on that. No matter where it is built, it will now be delayed for another year.

This same group were very pleased when Commissioner Valentino ordered the county to put up the signs at all the County Gulf Accesses, which make it illegal for residents (tax payers) or people that are not renting on the beach to be able to visit the beach from sunset to sunrise. But if you rent or own you get exclusive use of the beach during the night hours. Many of us locals grew up here and enjoy a moonlight stroll , sit and listen to the surf at night, watching the sand crabs with flashlights etc.... I dont know of another area that makes it illegal for residents to enjoy the beach at night. Sorry for the rant, but getting tired of losing our beach! Don't get me started on the horrible parking situation at the county accesses.

Edited: 5:03 am, July 28, 2013
katy, tx
reviews: 5
7. Re: Pet-friendly?

Beach Colony Resort vrbo has a couple of owners who are pet friendly for dogs only. I tried to see if I could bring my cat along but that wasnt allowed.

Perdido Key, Florida
8. Re: Pet-friendly?

Update- The county commissioners voted unanimously on July 25th to shut down the Perdido Key Gulf side park (County Gulf Access #3, 14767 Perdido Key Drive) down after September 3rd. All other dog parks will now be open from sunrise to sunset.

There is only one other dog park on Perdido Key but it is not on the gulf. It is an awful location on the canal. Mosquitoes and gnats are terrible.

9. Re: Pet-friendly?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 14, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Perdido Key