We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best route from Shawnee, OK

Which Pensacola hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Shawnee, Oklahoma
reviews: 15
Best route from Shawnee, OK

Can anybody recommend a good route ? Google and my TomTom disagree ? Used a old gps last year going to Destin and was routed through some undesirable areas in Louisiana. Got a New TomTom and it is routing us I-40 to Memphis then I-55 to Jackson MS. then Mobile to Pensacola if I don't set a time to depart. If I set it to depart now it wants us to go Memphis to Birmingham and south to pensacola. Google wants me to go to Texarkana to Shreveport to Jackson Ms to Hattisburg to Mobile and Pensacola. The Google route is less miles yet adds about 30 minutes drive time. Anybody got any suggestions ?

We are coming down on Friday the 8th for the airshow and staying the week.

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 7
1. Re: Best route from Shawnee, OK

I used to live in Memphis, and am aware of how to get there. I'd go thru Jackson to Hattiesburg then Mobile and Pensacola. That was how we'd always go and it worked out fine.

If you want to find out more, or have a question about mileage, I always consult ye ol' mapquest!

Jenks, Oklahoma
reviews: 39
2. Re: Best route from Shawnee, OK

We just drove down from Tulsa. Went to Little Rock, down to Jackson, to Mobile, to Pensacola. Coming back went to Jackson, over to Shreveport, to Texarkana, to Paris, then north on 75. Time was about the same, but the drive down had much less 2 lane road and just seemed "better".

Pensacola, Florida
reviews: 6
3. Re: Best route from Shawnee, OK

My parents live outside Rogers, AR. We driven several routes. The best seems to be Little Rock to Pine Bluff, US 65 south to Tallulah LA. to Vicksburg, to Jackson to Hattiesburg to Mobile to Pensacola. Watch out for speeding in LA..... Have a great trip.

4. Re: Best route from Shawnee, OK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, October 07, 2012