We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fort Pickens is open for motorhomes

Which Pensacola hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
reviews: 15
Fort Pickens is open for motorhomes

I was contacted by the NPS last week, and the campground is up and running for motorhomes.

It is currently on a first come basis. They said they may be taking reservations by the end of January.

You can get on their website for the information NPS.gov

I say HOORAY!!

Seneca
1. Re: Fort Pickens is open for motorhomes

We are planning to visit Fort Pickens campground next week. We are from South Carolina and know nothing about the area. If you are familiar with it can you tell me how close to town it is for like a grocery store, laundromat, etc? We have small kids and really need to know if we are going to have a place to run and get things when we get there or if we should come well stocked? I'd appreciate any info you can give me. Thanks.

Seneca
2. Re: Fort Pickens is open for motorhomes

We are planning to visit Fort Pickens campground next week. We are from South Carolina and know nothing about the area. If you are familiar with it can you tell me how close to town it is for like a grocery store, laundromat, etc? We have small kids and really need to know if we are going to have a place to run and get things when we get there or if we should come well stocked? I'd appreciate any info you can give me. Thanks.

Central Illinois
reviews: 13
3. Re: Fort Pickens is open for motorhomes

We just go there to fish off the pier or visit the Fort, so I don't know anything about the camping situation, but this website might help (also check out the links on this website.):

recreation.gov/camping/…

4. Re: Fort Pickens is open for motorhomes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 23, 2010