We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fees at Shores of Panama

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alabama
Destination Expert
for Panama City Beach
reviews: 195
Fees at Shores of Panama

Considering booking here via VRBO for the fall. What experiences have you had, good, bad or ugly? I'm seeing some comments about fees to use the "amenities"....does this mean you have to pay extra to use the pools & such???

Wisconsin
reviews: 3
1. Re: Fees at Shores of Panama

I thought I read some where the fees are for wrist bands.

Thomaston
Destination Expert
for Panama City Beach
reviews: 43
2. Re: Fees at Shores of Panama

We have stayed twice at SOP and rented both condos on VRBO. There did used to be a $25 amenity fee but both of the owners I rented from said they had paid it for their guests so we didn't have to worry about it. You might want to check before you rent one. We loved the pool at SOP but I have to say don't go during a major holiday! We went on memorial day last year and it was a major party scene with drunken karoke by the pool, beer cans all over the beach and in the ocean. Nasty! And this was the "grownups". When we went in the first part of May, we loved it. There were a lot of families and it was a much more relaxing atmosphere. If you can, find a condo with a wrap around balcony on one of the ends.. You will feel much closer to the beach and your view will be much better. I have stayed in the middle part facing the pool but it seems like you are so far away from the beach. Also, when you are on your balcony, you can see everyone else on theirs and they can see you. They are also very strict with the wrist bands. I go for a walk every morning and was stopped coming back because I didn't have mine on. Really enjoyed walking over to Pineapple Willys for lunch and a drink. We would stay here again but not during Memorial Day!

Alabama
Destination Expert
for Panama City Beach
3. Re: Fees at Shores of Panama

Thank you for the info! I had figured SOP was likely a better "off season" kind of place due to its massiveness. Sounds like that's the case:)

reviews: 1
4. Re: Fees at Shores of Panama

I'm renting there in a few weeks and the owner just told me they used to include the amenities in their fee and now it has to be paid to SOP when you check in. I think he said I would need to pay $212 then. Not really what that is all for.

Alabama
Destination Expert
for Panama City Beach
5. Re: Fees at Shores of Panama

Do you know how he got that figure? So much per day or per person? That's a pretty substantial additional charge.

Pelham,Al
6. Re: Fees at Shores of Panama

Just spoke with shores of panama people today and there is an ammenity fee of $30.40 a day to use the pools etc. Its not per person so the $212 would be the charge for a weeks stay. If you go fishing or shopping one day and dont use the facilities, you dont have to pay the $30.40 for that day.

Pelham,Al
7. Re: Fees at Shores of Panama

Just spoke with shores of panama people today and there is an ammenity fee of $30.40 a day to use the pools etc. Its not per person so the $212 would be the charge for a weeks stay. If you go fishing or shopping one day and dont use the facilities, you dont have to pay the $30.40 for that day.

Alabama
Destination Expert
for Panama City Beach
8. Re: Fees at Shores of Panama

Thank you for that info! Pretty unusual...a first for me in PC actually. Guess it isn't a problem though as long as it is factored in when considering a rent quote.

Mt.Juliet , Tn
reviews: 2
9. Re: Fees at Shores of Panama

Not sure how big a condo you need but we have rented the same one for the last 4 years during July. We love the one we stay in and the couple that own it are very good to work with. It also is on the end with a wrap around balconcy so you have direct site to the beach and the pool.. Only 6 floors up so you don't have to take the elevator if you like which during peak times can be long waits. Look at VRBO 245953. He has always included the resort fees in his quote so I'm not sure what the fee is. Hope this helps.

Alabama
Destination Expert
for Panama City Beach
10. Re: Fees at Shores of Panama

Thanks Sun&Sand! I'll look that up!

Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach