We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ID questions

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ID questions

Hi everyone! My friends and I went to Pcb last year but were only 20, so this year my friends and I will be 21 so we had a few questions! When we're on the beach do we have to carry our ID on us since we will be drinking? Can you get a ticket for not having it? And what are the open container laws, can you get in trouble for having an open container in public even if we are 21? Thanks!

Saint Louis...
reviews: 3
1. Re: ID questions

You will probably get better advice at the link below where there are a lot of younger folks who post about Spring Break and have already checked these questions out. Have fun! Just be careful and don't put too much trust in people you don't personally know.

tripsmarter.com/travelcommunity/…

SE Indiana
2. Re: ID questions

Gotta admit, I love a bright but veiled question!

Yes, you have to have a valid ID with you when you're drinking...otherwise you could play "pass the only valid ID to the underage guy" and just show the officer your wristband from Hammerhead Freds-which btw, won't pass for a valid ID.

Indiana
reviews: 2
3. Re: ID questions

why not have it with you, bet you will have your cell phone, just stick it beach bag along with everything else

4. Re: ID questions

We don't like to bring anything with us, less to carry when we walk around, also less of a risk of things getting lost or stolen. That's why I was wondering if we needed it or if a cop stopped us if he could just look it up but didn't know if we'd get in trouble for not having it on us.

Edited: 4:35 am, February 03, 2013
SE Indiana
5. Re: ID questions

What kind of Id's do they issue You? Mine's like a Drivers License...pretty easy to carry.

Here's a hint- the bartenders and po po in PCB have seen ALL the tricks-play by their rules.

6. Re: ID questions

Ok people I don't care if you think it's easy to carry. My friends and I will be in swimsuits on the beach, we do not bring cover ups, anything with pockets or beach bags. We do not want to bring purses because they can get stolen easily or lost. All I need to know is if we will get a ticket for not having it on us on the beach. Thanks.

Saint Louis...
reviews: 3
7. Re: ID questions

I posted this link above. Maybe you missed it:

tripsmarter.com/travelcommunity/…

It's a PCB Spring Break Forum. They should have better answers for you.

Panama City Beach...
8. Re: ID questions

Yes, carry your ID. You can have alcohol on the beach but NO glass. Yes, you can get open container pretty much anywhere else - so don't leave the beach or a business with alcohol unless it is unopened.

Edited: 3:17 pm, February 04, 2013
Alabama
reviews: 2
9. Re: ID questions

yes, carry it. You were getting some pretty good advice from different people. Most swim trunks come with an inside pouch for just such a thing as an ID, You could even take all of your ID's , put them in a ziplock and put it in the cooler.

But the best advice is - be respectful of families while you are there. If you are on the beach and there are little kids close by - be the guy who keeps the others mouths in check. You will have a blast! Just dont let your fun mess up someone elses vacation.

God bless and BE SAFE!

10. Re: ID questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 18, 2014