We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Three-bedroom condo on beach in Panama City Beach

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Grand Rapids...
reviews: 1
Three-bedroom condo on beach in Panama City Beach

We visited Destin last year (Jade East) for the first time and liked everything but the traffic. We can only go on spring break week(first week of April) because of a teacher in the family. I have three little grandchildren and my husband is disabled, so we need a place easy to get around (not too long a walk from beach or pool, or a long wait for the elevator). Is spring break any crazier in Panama City than in Destin? If not, could you recommend a nice condo for us? Thanks for your help.

Alabama
Destination Expert
for Panama City Beach
reviews: 185
1. Re: Three-bedroom condo on beach in Panama City Beach

There are areas in PC that could be crazier than Destin, but if you avoid those spots, it shouldn't be worse.

I would recommend that you stay in the west Front Beach Road area (Emerald Isle, Celadon, or Palazzo)....or at the east end of Thomas Drive (Moonspinner, Commodore). There are also places in the Laguna Beach area of PC (the westernmost beaches) that should not be too busy.

There are other resorts that would likely be fine on Thomas Drive and in the Pier Park area.....but, I would avoid everything from Edgewater to Dunes of Panama....that is the "central" area and also includes the beach clubs. I would also probably avoid Tidewater, Calypso & Emerald Beach simply due to their size and likely busyness.

Edited: 9:01 am, January 30, 2013
Grand Rapids...
2. Re: Three-bedroom condo on beach in Panama City Beach

Thank you for your helpful information. I will check into those. I don't know the area very well, but Long Beach Resort looks pretty nice online. Would that be something you would recommend? Thanks again for the info.

south georgia
reviews: 45
3. Re: Three-bedroom condo on beach in Panama City Beach

I've never stayed there, but do know that there will be lots of traffic going by that way,especially at night. If you choose to stay there, do any kind of errands early morning and eat out early. Once the crusing begins, it will be hard to get in and out.

Alabama
Destination Expert
for Panama City Beach
4. Re: Three-bedroom condo on beach in Panama City Beach

Long Beach is nice, but it's in that Edgewater area...so, it will be pretty busy during the spring break season.

Atlanta
reviews: 26
5. Re: Three-bedroom condo on beach in Panama City Beach

We have stayed at Long Beach a few times and really like it, but I would not stay there during Spring Break.

Lately, we have been staying at Celedon. It is the last high rise on the west end.It is not in the middle of all of the traffic and you can get over to Middle Beach road easily.

Personally, I wouldn't go to either Destin or PCB for Spring Break....but I don't have kids in school or have a teacher in the family either.

Have you thought about Gulf Shores, AL ? I haven't been there in years over Spring Break so I can't tell you what it would be like crowd wise.

Thomaston
Destination Expert
for Panama City Beach
reviews: 38
6. Re: Three-bedroom condo on beach in Panama City Beach

The far east end is usually quiet. Treasure Island has only 2 bedrooms, but Seychelles has some 3 bedroom units. We have stayed at Seychelles and enjoyed our time there. It is next door to Schooners which is a easy walk to grab a bite of lunch.

Grand Rapids...
7. Re: Three-bedroom condo on beach in Panama City Beach

Thank you for your responses. I have had some trouble finding something open on that very busy week. I did come across a place with a three-bedroom available called Pelican Walk Condo Resort on Thomas Drive. Anyone have any experience with that place? Thanks.

Alabama
Destination Expert
for Panama City Beach
8. Re: Three-bedroom condo on beach in Panama City Beach

We have stayed at Pelican Walk many times. It is older (1987 or so), but the property is well kept and it is relatively small...so, there tend to be fewer people there.

We used to rent unit 1008 through Joni's Beach Rentals quite often and loved it. It is a 3BR and has outstanding western views down the beach. Lately, we have migrated closer to Pier Park...otherwise, we'd probably still be staying there every time.

Alabama
Destination Expert
for Panama City Beach
9. Re: Three-bedroom condo on beach in Panama City Beach

Do keep in mind though, that Pelican Walk is built in kind of an inverted "V" formation. With the exception of a few converted large 2BR units (like 1008, which is now a 3 BR) that are up front, the majority of 3BR's at Pelican Walk are at the "back" of the "V".

They still have gulf-front views, but the views east or west are obstructed in many cases...and the balconies closer to the beach in front of you can look back onto yours if they want.

reviews: 3
10. Re: Three-bedroom condo on beach in Panama City Beach

Treasure Island has 3 bedroom condos...the 3 bedroom condos on the end of each floor with wrap around balconies. We have stayed in the 2 and 3 bedrooms and there is plenty of room...each one has the bunk beds in the dining area...and two full baths along with washer and dryer. I think you would be pleased with Treasure Island if you decide to stay on the east end of Thomas Drive. Also have Schoners, Montego Bay, and Scampy's located within walking distance...and they have great kids menu items. A convenience store is on the corner and a souvenir shop almost in front of the resort. With some groceries and supplies ...you could stay and not even move your car if you did want to.

Check out VRBO or Joni's Beach Rentals....several have said they had problems with Joni but we didn't...they even called to see it everything was ok the next day after we checked in..... I would use them again.

Good luck,

Luv