We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandy bottoms vacation rentals legitimate?

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
Sandy bottoms vacation rentals legitimate?

I'm trying to rent a condo to stay with a few friends on st. Thomas square, and I was wondering if any locals know the legitimacy of the company in charge. I just don't feel comfortable reading my credit card details to a stranger over the phone. They are called sandy bottoms vacation rentals, and their address says 14401 front beach rd, PCB 32413

Alabama
Destination Expert
for Panama City Beach
Level Contributor
602 posts
195 reviews
1. Re: Sandy bottoms vacation rentals legitimate?

Sorry, but I have not heard of the company. There is a beach house by that name down there, but I haven't heard of the rental agency. Of course, that doesn't mean it's not legitimate.

You do know that St. Thomas Square is not on the beach, right? I believe it has some lagoon frontage, but you'll have to walk a copule of blocks to beach access (other side of Thomas Drive, which is a pretty busy road)...just FYI in case you're not aware.

On the good side, there is a Mexican restaurant at St. Thomas Square if you're in the mood:)

Have a good trip!

Edited: 1:51 pm, January 28, 2013
Knoxville, TN
1 post
1 review
2. Re: Sandy bottoms vacation rentals legitimate?

I was referred to them by an owner of a condo we have rented before and want to rent again. Apparently, they are a small local management agency. Also, if you want beach front, you want to stay on Thomas Drive, not St. Thomas Square. Hope this helps.

Evansville, Indiana
1 post
3. Re: Sandy bottoms vacation rentals legitimate?

They are a real company. We rented from them last year and had a Great Vacation! Hope this helps!

4. Re: Sandy bottoms vacation rentals legitimate?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 11, 2014