We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best dolphin tour/boat ride for tween girls?

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Clarksville, IN
Best dolphin tour/boat ride for tween girls?

I'm trying to decide which boat ride would be the most fun for a 10 and an 11 year old. The pirate theme looks really fun for preschoolers and early elementary kids, and I'm assuming is a bit young for tweens? The Screamer looks great for teenagers and adults, and it looks like you definitely get wet? Are the 12:00 and 3:00 p.m tours exactly the same? Any advice wil be greatly appreciated. We'll be there in June. Thanks! Carol

Panama City Beach...
1. Re: Best dolphin tour/boat ride for tween girls?

The Pirate Cruise is one of the most popular cruises, but you are correct, it's catered more toward young children. The Sea Screamer and Island Time are great as well. You can view a full list of Watersports companies on our website if you'd like: www.visitpanamacitybeach.com/do/water-sports/

Clarksville, IN
2. Re: Best dolphin tour/boat ride for tween girls?

Thanks for your response. I haven't read about the Island Time, but plan to now:) Tx for the link! I am so looking forward to experiencing the area, and am glad to know more about the attractions beforehand.

Decatur, Alabama
reviews: 2
3. Re: Best dolphin tour/boat ride for tween girls?

Our family did Water Planet dolphin swim/pontoon ride last summer. There were 7 of us and we completely enjoyed it. They provided the goggles and snorkels and bottled water. You need to apply plenty of sunscreen. I believe we were on the boat about 4 hours. We want to go again this year.

Read about them under "things to do".

Clarksville, IN
4. Re: Best dolphin tour/boat ride for tween girls?

That sounds like a lot of fun. We're now planning to do the snorkeling/boat ride combo instead of just a boat ride. When another poster suggested Island Tours, the pics convinced us that a sailboat tour would be a great way to go, on the gulf side and bay, and to see dolphins as well. I'll enjoy the shallow water snorkeling, as I'm a bit leary of sharks in deeper waters where you can't see them so well:) I've read they put something down in the water, but I'm not sure if that keeps out the things with big teeth or not! I did read that Island Tours has never had anyone have an accident on their tour and they've been in business for awhile-so I was glad to read that! Yes, I know the odds of a shark attack are very slight, but I have the worst luck, so I try to play it safe:) Thanks for your reply, and I hope you have another fun trip with your family this year!

Columbus, Ohio
5. Re: Best dolphin tour/boat ride for tween girls?

Yes both of those tours are lots of fun. I went out with Sunshine Water sports PC on a more private tour got to see shell island, swim with the dolphins, also went snorkeling around the island. The best part about this trip was. It was just my family on the boat. Our captain was very cool!! They pretty much do what you want for your trip. No matter which tour you choose This is 1 of the best attractions, and things to do in PCB FL. www.visitshellisland.com They offer boat cruise to shell island, jet ski tours to shell island, pontoon boat rentals to shell island. This is also a good way to explore out around the island on your own.

6. Re: Best dolphin tour/boat ride for tween girls?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 17, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach