We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting for Jon Caldwell

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Renting for Jon Caldwell

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 pm, February 07, 2013
Edited: 4:05 pm, February 07, 2013
Washington State
reviews: 1
11. Re: Renting for Jon Caldwell

Decided to read some comments about Gulf Crest. It seems like he has a some very happy guests that have booked with him. Read the tips about rooms recommended and I was pleased to see great comments about Jon and Emerald Coast. The Excellent reviews have some great comments speaking very highly of them. The Very good reviews have some great comments about them. The Average reviews didn't anything about Jon but had a few negative comments about the condo and personal working for the resort. The Poor reviews didn't seem to have anything about Jon but had some negative about other property managers. The Terrible reviews had 2 about Jon. Some about cleanliness. It seems like he handled it by sending someone out to emergency clean. It also seems like a few of the owners of the condos need to step up and do some maintenance and updating to their units. Jon can't make owners buy new furniture or update. He can suggest and am quite sure he has done so. He can't inspect each unit before someone checks in for cleanliness. He can fire cleaners that don't do there job. It sure looks like he has many guests that have had a great experience. Hopefully during any litigation Jonny boy will print out all the positive reviews he has on this site and many more to prove he is not a terrible person. Keep up the good work Jon. I am glad to see I am not the only happy guest others have had a great time and experience. These again are facts that others have posted. They don't look like they are paid, friends, family or endorsed in any way.

Edited: 2:06 pm, February 05, 2013
Washington State
12. Re: Renting for Jon Caldwell

On another post started bashing Jon it is asking people about Gulf Stream. Not sure there is such a condo as then its called Gulf Crest and has a link. If a litigation is going on atleast get the facts and names correct. I would also think bashing Jon and name calling on a website would not be advised by your attorney. Consult with you attorney. I might of done you a favor.

Vancouver, British...
13. Re: Renting for Jon Caldwell

And it's pretty obvious you either ARE Jon Maggot Caldwell or work for him. If not I question what the relationship might be, that you would spend so much time defending him. I've done a little trace work on you, and it would appear you have cleaned up social media for him in the past. Why? Why if you are not him would you have any interest in defending his despicable behaviour of ripping off elderly disabled people on their 60th wedding anniversary ? Because that is exactly what happened. Oh, but I should once again mention his name (that will make it all the easier for people to steer clear) "Jon Caldwell of Emerald Coast destinations "

P.S You are correct he doesn't own the suite in dispute 2307, and we were told that the owners had no idea of the condition that he has left this in.

Vancouver, British...
14. Re: Renting for Jon Caldwell

Keep going Mr Matt Browne. A Canadian google search on Panama Beach City, now brings this thread to the first page. It wasn't even showing before, but since our little conversation and the many related posts this has moved right on up. Thank you for you much appreciated support.

( And I'm not even sure where Treasure Island is? Las Vegas?) Because it has nothing to do with Gulf Crest in Panama City Beach, suite 2307.

And Matt, or umm Jon rather. If you are not him, don't you think it's just a wee bit odd for you to spend so much time hunting down any negative threads on the man to defend him.

Windsor, Ontario...
15. Re: Renting for Jon Caldwell

Question #1: If Jon has so many positive comments, why would you have to defend him 'so many times'?

Answer: Duh. There HAS to be a pay off somewhere!!!!

Question #2 Do you not get it? If Jon Caldwell is such a great guy, why are he and his company Emerald Coast Destinations so poorly rated by many?

Count yourself lucky buddy!

Washington State
16. Re: Renting for Jon Caldwell

Let me explain a few things. I am not Jon. I am not a friend of Jon or anyone at Emerald Coast. I am not a relative of Jon or anyone at Emerald Coast. I am not being paid or compensated in any way by Jon or anyone at Emerald Coast. I do not work for Jon or at Emerald Coast. The only thing Jon or Emerald Coast has ever done for me is find me a nice and clean condo. The experience was great. The communication was great. The entire process was great. This was not one time but many many times. I would be more than happy when I arrive in Panama City Beach in May to meet with your attorney to prove this. I will be there for 3 weeks so my schedule is pretty open. I would be willing to take a lie detector or take an oath to prove you completely wrong. Everything I have said, posted or say in the future is the truth. Why do I continue to stand up for him and Emerald Coast is easy. My experience have always been great. The funny thing is I was born in Canada. I mover to the USA when i was a child. I served in the military in the USA. I fought for the rights of each and everyone one of us who enjoy the free world we live in. I believe in defending what I believe is right. Have you got in touch with the owner of the unit you stayed in?

If so why hasn't he refunded your money. These rental company's only take a small percentage of the rental. I think you are really hurting the owner of the said condo by continually posting the condo and unit number. With such negative comments of the condition who would ever want to stay in the unit. No matter who is managing it. About it being the #1 on Canada google search. That is fine as they are seeing your negative reply's and my positive reply's. Again I would be more than happy to meet with your attorney to prove this all as being the truth. Let me know.

17. Re: Renting for Jon Caldwell

Really??? You think for a minute we would waste our time and money for you to meet with our attorney? We do not have STUPID printed on our forehead! We have a breach of contract at the very least and will pursue if the owner (Mrs W) does not. See we have been in contact with the owner...and for Jon Caldwell's commision 25% is not too shabby!!

18. Re: Renting for Jon Caldwell

FYI... There are numerous++++ negative links with respect to Jon Caldwell.

If you are so enamoured with Jonny Boy have him set you up with unit 2307 @ Gulf Crest!

Washington State
19. Re: Renting for Jon Caldwell

Well you seem to think I am someone that I am not. I was just defending myself and my character. I am just curious of why the owner has not reimbursed you at this time. The way I think it works is that the management company collected your funds for the rental. They then take out their percentage and the remaining goes to the owner of said condo. If you have been in contact with the owner I am shocked that with the way you describe your trip they haven't reimbursed you. I know how this process works as I own a vacation property that I have a management company manage. By the way my management company charges me 30%. I am a very involved home owner. I would of reimbursed you and had it out with the management company. That is ONLY if all you claim and have posted is the truth. Some things just don't add up or make sense. You have the photos. You have the breach of contract. It sounds like you have all you need. Yes there is numerous negative comments about Jon. There is also numerous positive comments about him. There is also numerous negative comments about many different condos, management company's or individual owners. There will always be negative and positive experiences. Be sure to let us all know how it turns out.

Washington State
20. Re: Renting for Jon Caldwell

I enjoy the far east end of beach that is why I always stay at Treasure Island. If you are involved with the owner as you have stated I am quite sure her condo would be in excellent condition to stay in for future guests. I know if I owned it I would make sure. I do know the condo is for sale and feel very sorry for the owner or next owner trying to clean up all the bad reviews you have posted with the condo and unit #. You could of easily not included the precise location.