We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting for Jon Caldwell

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Renting for Jon Caldwell

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 pm, February 07, 2013
Edited: 4:05 pm, February 07, 2013
Alabama
Destination Expert
for Panama City Beach
reviews: 185
1. Re: Renting for Jon Caldwell

Ugh...sorry to hear that you had a bad rental experience. I've had some dealings with them on VRBO (quoting rates and then changing terms, etc), but have never actually rented from them.

Joni's is good to work with for your next trip...we've rented from them several times.

If history's any indication, your post will yield about 100 replies over the next 6 months either in defense of...or in opposition to Jon Caldwell. He seems to be a popular topic to debate:)

2. Re: Renting for Jon Caldwell

He is despicable (caps not allowed). My parents were ripped off. They are both elderly and handicapped, scrapped and saved with the intent that they could be with their kids/spouses for their 60th wedding anniversary (this was against all odds as my parents married @ 15 years old when they married!)

The unit had moldy bathroom, ripped furniture+++, ripped mattresses, soiled+++ linens, filthy blackened tiles, and sadly in need of much paint and/or renovations++++!!!!

reviews: 16
3. Re: Renting for Jon Caldwell

I have rented units from Jake Caldwell at Emerald Coast Destinations and have never had a bad experience. They have been nothing but kind to me and responsive to any problems I have had. You can't beat their rates. I would never hesitate to rent from them!

Washington State
reviews: 1
4. Re: Renting for Jon Caldwell

I have posted many times standing up for Jon. I have rented many times from him and have always been pleased. He is prompt in returning my calls or emails. The condo have all been in a great condition and clean. Keep up the great work Jon. Will be getting in touch with him soon for out 3 week trip in May.

5. Re: Renting for Jon Caldwell

All I can say to above comment is either you are being paid by Jon Caldwell or you have VERY low standards!!!!!

Edited: 8:56 pm, February 04, 2013
Fort Oglethorpe...
reviews: 2
6. Re: Renting for Jon Caldwell

Totally agree...this people are his friends or are being endorsed somehow..to write positive things about him and Emerald Coast. I have put a video on you tube of how nasty our condo was.

Saint Louis...
reviews: 3
7. Re: Renting for Jon Caldwell

Or it could be that out of 32 posts he's made, 18 are defending the Caldwells.

8. Re: Renting for Jon Caldwell

Not a prayer!!!! One only has to speak to owners and Management @ Gulf Crest. In the 3 wks we have been here we have collected 52 people willing to give depositions for us in pending litigation. He has made our job a cake walk!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The pictures we have tell the story. Now, he has done some work in the condo (all which is documented by support staff and residents that have had it with Jonny Boy.) He has run out of friends here for sure. We are dealing with the owner now...we are hoping for a financial resolve before the end of March or there will definitely be further actions taken.Jon Caldwell is pond scum to say the least (and that is overly kind) - absolutely RUINED my parents' 60th anniversary.

9. Re: Renting for Jon Caldwell

Not a prayer!!!! One only has to speak to owners and Management @ Gulf Crest. In the 3 wks we have been here we have collected 52 people willing to give depositions for us in pending litigation. He has made our job a cake walk!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The pictures we have tell the story. Now, he has done some work in the condo (all which is documented by support staff and residents that have had it with Jonny Boy.) He has run out of friends here for sure. We are dealing with the owner now...we are hoping for a financial resolve before the end of March or there will definitely be further actions taken.Jon Caldwell is pond scum to say the least (and that is overly kind) - absolutely RUINED my parents' 60th anniversary.

Washington State
reviews: 1
10. Re: Renting for Jon Caldwell

WOW. Where do I begin. Well let me start with FACTS. I have never been paid to defend Jon. I have no friendship with Jon. I am not a relative of Jon. Now about my standards. Well I am quite sure my standards are very high. In cleanliness and in life. My standards would of got my brothers together and PAID for my parents to enjoy their 60th wedding anniversary. With them being on a fixed income I would not of wanted them to struggle to save every penny. It is a jester I think my parents would deserve for all they did for us as kids. THAT"S my kind of standards. About why I continue to defend Jon is the same as why some continue to bash. Like I have said time and time again MY experience have all been great. I have continued to rent from them at Treasure Island and ALWAYS had a great experience. My wife has been happy. Her parents have been happy. Her sister has been happy. My parents have been happy. My brothers been happy. That's alot of happiness. I have also just reserved 3 weeks with him again at Treasure Island in May. Process went slick. Sent him an email Sunday afternoon got a reply at 8:45 Monday morning. In my opinion that's pretty good communication and a quick response. Why are most of my comments defending the Caldwells? Well that is because in the many times I have rented from them each and every time was perfect. At 109 posts I think I may have missed where you rented from the Caldwell's and had a bad experience. I would like to read about your bad experience or maybe you never had a bad experience or just throwing out your opinion with no merit. Keep up the good work Jon.