We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather and water temps for New Year's?

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans...
reviews: 83
weather and water temps for New Year's?

I'm coming for a weekend and I see there is a nasty cold front in at the moment.

I'm pretty sure the water is too cold to dip in, but how about walking barefoot on the beach?

I'm attending a wedding at Anna's Veranda at Inlet Beach and staying at the Palmetto Inn in Panama City for 3 nights centered around New Year's Even, and I can't decide how/what to pack!

Any help, even fashion advice for a 3pm outdoor beach wedding on NYE, would be appreciated!

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
reviews: 45
1. Re: weather and water temps for New Year's?

Today's surf zone forecast.

www.srh.noaa.gov/productview.php…

General weather info:

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/tlh/

Accuweather and others have longer-term predictions. There's signs that the peninsula will have a cold week from December 30 through at least January 4, so that would mean a cold beach indeed at Panama City.

New Orleans...
reviews: 83
2. Re: weather and water temps for New Year's?

thanks for the additional links!

Panama City Beach...
3. Re: weather and water temps for New Year's?

It is going to be a bit chilly for the next few days (lows in the 30's - 40's) but it looks like the sun should be out a good bit. Your feet may be a little cold if you are just standing barefoot on the beach but walking may not be bad. I would plan on layering your clothes for the wedding - there is almost always a good breeze at the beach so it can be a little chilly even if the temps are in the 60's and the sun is out. This time of year is so unpredictable - can be hot one day and really cold the next. We have all the details for the NYE events on our website if you need any additional info: www.visitpanamacitybeach.com. Have fun!

4. Re: weather and water temps for New Year's?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 30, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach