We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather and Hours of Operation in Panama City

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
SARNIA
reviews: 30
Weather and Hours of Operation in Panama City

We have booked a condo over Christmas and New Years (Dec18 2012-Jan8 2013).

Can anyone tell me how to pack for this time of year? (I've just returned from Varadero, Cuba where I spent 10 days wishing I had some warmer clothes packed.) We are driving from Canada so expect we will start out in boots and snow coats anyway....

Also, I am wondering if this time of year is considered 'off-season'? Will attractions be closed or have reduced hours? (other than for the obvious-Christmas day and New Years day)

Any insight would be appreciated

Alabama
Destination Expert
for Panama City Beach
reviews: 186
1. Re: Weather and Hours of Operation in Panama City

If you're not in a position to check the weather forecast a day or two before traveling, you'll need to pack a little of both warm and cool clothing. I have been down this time of year when temps were in the 60's-low 70's and i've been down when it was considerably colder. More often than not, I find that it's warm enough to enjoy walking on the beach, but too cold to get in the water and I stick to the heated pool or hot tub.

It's a beautiful time of the year to be down...no crowds and typically no seaweed to be concerned about. This time of year is considered "off-season", but that doesn't mean that everything is closed. There are a few restaurants that will be closed, but most will be open and you'll still find plenty to do as far as shopping, etc.

Enjoy your visit!

Panama City Beach...
2. Re: Weather and Hours of Operation in Panama City

Yes, it is a great time to be down here! Two days ago it was almost 80 and today it has been a little rainy and hasn't gotten out of the 50's. We see most Canadians in shorts and sweatshirts/sweaters when they are here in the winter. Definitely bring some closed-toe shoes, jacket and pants along with some lighter clothes.

The summer is our high season, so things are much slower in the winter. Most places do stay open through the winter now - with the exception of most of the water sports companies. A few restaurants close for a few weeks - mainly to make upgrades and maintenance. Most of the attractions are open. The animal sections of Gulf World are closed until the day after Christmas.

There are a variety of events around New Year's Eve such as the New Year's Eve Beach Ball Drop at Pier Park. If you are interested in more information on events and attractions you can visit our website: www.visitpanamacitybeach.com or stop by our Official Welcome Center.

3. Re: Weather and Hours of Operation in Panama City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, December 17, 2013