We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

College kids in Panama Beach

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 115
College kids in Panama Beach

Hi - I am a mom looking for a place for a group of 11 22 year olds. They want to be in the middle of the action. Can you suggest any places. Assume Front Beach Road is the place.....Also, having trouble because they want a condo and lots of places don't rent to college kids. Please - any assistance.

Alabama
Destination Expert
for Panama City Beach
reviews: 185
1. Re: College kids in Panama Beach

Well, that deopends on what they mean by "action":)...

If they want to be near the most shopping and dining, they need to be near Pier Park. Calypso is closest (across the street), and Aqua, Sterling Breeze, and Tidewater are also relatively close. I'm not sure about minimum rental age at these places...some say 25+ now, so you'd need to check.

If "action" means walkable to the clubs like LaVela & Spinnaker, they'll want to be on Thomas Drive. The condos immediately surrounding the clubs are older and I would recommend renting on VRBO so you can see photos of the actual units you are getting (if possible). The old stand-by is The Summit, and on the other side is Moondrifter. Sunbird is also relatively close and I believe all of these places would accept 22-year-olds, but again you'd need to check. Keep in mind that as these condos are older, they can be very nice or very dumpy depending on the owners...hence, the reason I recommnend VRBO instead of the on-site rental agencies.

In the buildings I mentioned near Pier Park, the units are newer and unit upkeep is less of a critical issue.

Tallahassee, Florida
2. Re: College kids in Panama Beach

Definetly recommend Origin at Seahaven! (www.seahavenbeach.com) They are right across the street from Sharky's Beach Club which hots the Biggest Beach Bash on PCB. They are also within walking distance to Pier Park, Gulf World, Parasailing, Scooter Rentals and also offer transportation to/from airport and around town. Other hotels you may be interested in would be The Reef and Seahaven Beach Hotel. Both are manager by the same company and the staff is impeccible!

Panama City Beach...
3. Re: College kids in Panama Beach

The most common places for college students are: Boardwalk, The Chateau, Sandpiper Beacon, Seahaven, By the Sea Resorts and the Holiday Inn Resort. The "most action" is around the South Thomas Drive area near Club La Vela and Spinnaker. You can visit our spring break page here: www.visitpanamacitybeach.com/springbreak.

4. Re: College kids in Panama Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, December 17, 2013