We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to stay without needing a car

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Charlotte, NC
reviews: 1
Best place to stay without needing a car

My husband and I will go to PCB 5/10 through 5/18 and are looking to stary somewhere within walking distance to plenty of restaurants so we do not have to use a car. Ideally there should be access to some restaurants on the beach (don't know if there are any) or at least restaurants with outdoor dining. We would prefer to rent a condo, but are open to suggestions.

Also we'd rather stay somewhere where the beach is not too crowded. Any input is appreciated.

Alabama
Destination Expert
for Panama City Beach
reviews: 194
1. Re: Best place to stay without needing a car

Calypso is directly across from Pier Park, which is grand central for shopping and has many dining options...several of which have outdoor dining and a couple of which have gulf views.

Calypso is a big place, but has quite a bit of beach as well and in May, I don't think you'd find it overly crowded. The only negative to Calypso in my opinion is there are no hot tubs, but that may not be a factor for you.

If that is an issue, Aqua is just two (or so) doors down from there and is also walkable to Pier Park, although a little farther than Calypso. Both places are very nice and newer. We use VRBO.com to rent directly from owners and get better rates.

Have a good trip!

2. Re: Best place to stay without needing a car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 pm, December 06, 2012
Edited: 10:35 pm, December 06, 2012
3. Re: Best place to stay without needing a car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, December 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach