We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

World Series Fastpitch

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lexington, KY
reviews: 9
World Series Fastpitch

Me again, with a follow-up question to my previous questions about a condo for 7 women. We have mostly decided on a unit at Aqua for a variety of reasons, but then I stumbled upon the fact that our dates in July (July 17-21) coincide with some of the World Series of Fastpitch, which I believe is held at Frank something park at the West end of the beach. So, at the risk of over-thinking all this...is the West end of the beach going to be completely over-run with fastpitch kids? I know...you're thinking, hello, you 7 women could have gone anywhere & you chose PCB. Long story there (I wanted to go to Key West), but someone's husband was worried about the safety of all the other locations SW flew into, blah, blah, so we finally gave up & chose this!

All that being said, do you good people think we would be better off searching for something on the East end? Would that make any difference at all? I like Seychelles, and I LOVE that it's next door to Schooners, but I haven't had any success finding a 3 bdr unit that will rent for 4 nights in the summer with a Sunday check-out. So, worry about all these kids, or stick with Aqua? :) Thank you!

Alabama
Destination Expert
for Panama City Beach
reviews: 186
1. Re: World Series Fastpitch

Anytime in the summer, there will be lots of kids..and there seems to always be some kind of tournament at Frank Brown Park, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I think the hotels/motels see more of a overrun from those tourneys than condos...especially the higher end condos like Aqua.

That being said, Seychelles is very nice and it does tend to be quieter on that end simply because you are farther from Pier Park and such (that's the trade-off). Of course, at that particular building you will have some Schooner's music going on next door and the cannon being fired at sunset:)

It's really personal preference...I don't think i'd worry too much about the tournament at either of those places, just expect typical summer crowds.

SE Indiana
2. Re: World Series Fastpitch

Some of that fastpitch stuff is for 18+yo MEN, might make your trip better?

Frank Brown is on the N side of 98, won't affect your travels.

I bet you'll enjoy the Pier Park area! go to Tootsies and DANCE!

Lexington, KY
reviews: 9
3. Re: World Series Fastpitch

LOL, 34oSc. We're all turning 50 this year, thus the trip. Those boys could be our sons! But we do still like to DANCE, & Tootsies sounds like a lot of fun. I did find where Wyndam Vacation Rentals rents quite a few Seychelles units for 4 nights. I also found a unit at Treasure Island that I liked a lot, but we'd probably have to rent for a week, which means paying for nights we can't use. So many options, so little time. Thanks for everyone's input!

Alabama
Destination Expert
for Panama City Beach
reviews: 186
4. Re: World Series Fastpitch

No hot tub at Treasure Island...a pet peeve of mine:) Otherwise, very nice...the views from the upper floors there are amazing to the west, down the beach.

5. Re: World Series Fastpitch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, December 17, 2013