We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sterling Breeze for 7 women?

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lexington, KY
reviews: 9
Sterling Breeze for 7 women?

Hi all. I'm looking for a condo or home for 7 women to celebrate our 50th birthdays this summer. Most of us are flying, so first of all I'm looking for something close to 79, as the first ones to arrive will have to make a couple of different trips to the airport (ECP) to pick up the stragglers. We ideally only want to rent for 4-5 nights, 7/16 or 17- to 7/21. If price is under $2000, we can rent for the whole week & only use for 5 nights. This gives us more options to choose from.Important to have seating in the living area for all of us, & a nice open to the kitchen floor plan.

I have narrowed my search down to Sterling Breeze - like the larger units, many with double bunks so that no one has to sleep on the pull-out & also the grill on balcony. Also like Aqua, although having a harder time finding the right bedding configuration for 7 adults. Would like to be able to walk to Pier Park, but we will have a van.

Are there other places similar to these two that I've missed? Any input/ideas would be helpful, & most appreciated! Thanks!

Alabama
Destination Expert
for Panama City Beach
reviews: 196
1. Re: Sterling Breeze for 7 women?

You're definitely on the right track with those two...both are nice and are close to 79. Both are walkable to Pier Park, although Aqua is the closer of the two...Sterling Breeze is a little more of a hike.

You might also want to look at Palazzo and Emerald Isle. Both are very nice and have spacious units/balconies. Palazzo is right at 79 & Front Beach. You'd need to take the quick ride to Pier Park from either.

Directly across the street from Pier Park (next door to Aqua) is also Calypso. But, I personally don't recommend it due to lack of hot tubs. Tidewater is next door to Sterling Breeze, but it is extremely crowded during the summer due to its massive size compared to the amount of beach.

Hope this helps a little...Have fun!

Lexington, KY
2. Re: Sterling Breeze for 7 women?

I was just looking over reviews on here for both Sterling Breeze & Aqua, & Sterling Breeze seems to consistently get bad reviews for customer service. I'm not sure if I should be concerned about that or not. I realize that most people's reviews are based around their particular condo unit, so it's hard to discern what is relevant to the resort as a whole, or just a particular unit. Aqua seems to get much more consistent, positive reviews.

Thanks for your thoughts, Deskclerk. Anyone else?

Edited: 10:16 am, December 03, 2012
Alabama
Destination Expert
for Panama City Beach
3. Re: Sterling Breeze for 7 women?

Customer service comments for condos usually only apply if you use the on-site rental service. It's been my experience that you get much better deals on VRBO.com or through an off-site agency anyway.

Panama City Beach...
4. Re: Sterling Breeze for 7 women?

Yes, you are definitely on the right track. There are also some very cute beach houses across the street from the beach AND right next to Pier Park called Summer Towne Cottages. I know Stephens and Associates rent at least one if not more of the units. Aqua, Calypso, Tidewater and Sterling Breeze are the closest condos to Pier Park. Visit our website for more information on the destination, events, deals, etc: www.visitpanamacitybeach.com. Have a blast!

Lexington, KY
5. Re: Sterling Breeze for 7 women?

Thanks PCB. We may be off-track, but we're now looking more at the East end of the beach, specifically Seychelles or Treasure Island. We really look forward to some quiet time each summer together, & this end sounds like it may provide more of that. We can walk to Schooners & a few other places when we want a "bar" atmosphere, or hop in our rental van & drive to Pier Park when we want shopping or more options. What say you...are we going to regret this?

Also, has anyone ever rented Treasure Island using Treasure Island Resort Rentals? Looking at condo 1401 to be exact. This seems to be the only place I can find where we can get a 4 night rental. Lots of great units on VRBO, but they all rent for a week, & primarily Sat to Sat. Even if we could afford the weekly rental to get a great unit/owner, we have to be able to check out on Sunday.

As always, thanks for your thoughts/input!

Alabama
Destination Expert
for Panama City Beach
6. Re: Sterling Breeze for 7 women?

Both of those places are very nice and newer. Treasure Island has no hot tub, but if that's not an issue for you, i'd say go for it.

That building is built at kind of an angle so the views to the west are incredible...you can see forever. Not typically much of a view to the east unless you are the east end unit (can't recall how the building is numbered).

I've never used that particular agency, but it is likely fine. You might also check Joni's Beach Rentals...they are good to work with and usually do rentals for less than a week.

7. Re: Sterling Breeze for 7 women?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, December 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach