We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need info

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Grantsburg,Illinois
reviews: 1
need info

Does anyone know if the Beachbreak by the sea used to be called The Holloway House ? I stayed there in 1994 on spring break and the photos look familiar.

GA
reviews: 8
1. Re: need info

Yes, it sure was the holloway house! They just redid it some and by the sea resorts bought them out. We stayed there last summer for one night at beachbreak by the sea, until our room at Long beach was ready, and it used to be the Holloway house because we stayed there in the late 80s when it was the holloway house.

Grantsburg,Illinois
reviews: 1
2. Re: need info

Thanks for the info thought it was The Holloway House. I have great memories there.

GA
3. Re: need info

You're welcome. I know what you mean. I have great memories just up the street at the Mark 2 which is now budget inn. The beachbreak is actually a nice place. I really enjoyed the pool area. Its really nice and clean.

Atlanta, GA
4. Re: need info

Nice to hear someone else mention the old Mark II (IIRC Best Value Inn is now what it is known as). This is where my friends and I chose to stay during our HS senior trip, which was the first of nine consecutive trips to PC that various friends of mine got together and made. Although other trips during this stretch would become more memorable over the years (Bikini Beach in '85 and Chateau in '86) you never forget your first, and that was the Mark II, PC in '83!

GA
5. Re: need info

That's true. I am just wondering if they will began to tear those down as well and build condo's. Condo's are nice, but, sometimes you just want a taste of old times...: )

Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach